PDA

View Full Version : How do you eat a Tunnock's Caramel Log without making a mess?

secrets in symmetry
19-Sep-13, 00:06
Is it possible?

Alice in Blunderland
19-Sep-13, 06:30
Not possible but it's well worth the mess. You just get stuck in and when your done stand up, the crumbs all land on the floor and they are not quite so noticeable then lol

Big Gaz
19-Sep-13, 20:34
open your mouth, push the log into your mouth and into the left cheek as far as it will go and then whilst holding it against the left cheek, push the other end of the log into the right cheek. Job done! no crumbs, no lost coconut bits and one big smile!

outsidethebox
19-Sep-13, 20:50
what Big Gaz said, easy.

Kevin Milkins
19-Sep-13, 20:59
These used to be my very favourite sweet and biscuit rolled into one delight.:Razz I also at one time worked in the printing department of a company that produced the wrappers for them which used to make me drool when that print run was on.

:~( Unfortunately I now have diabetes and they are off the menu, they were defiantly a messy eat though, especially when driving.

Kodiak
19-Sep-13, 21:10
These used to be my very favourite sweet and biscuit rolled into one delight. I also at one time worked in the printing department of a company that produced the wrappers for them which used to make me drool when that print run was on.

:~( Unfortunately I now have diabetes and they are off the menu, they were defiantly a messy eat though, especially when driving.

Same here as I am Diabetic as is Mrs Kodiak. This means that we do not have any form of sweet biscuit in the house at all. Sadness all round, :~(

On the other hand now that we can buy Stevia in the UK, surely some bright spark will start to make biscuits with Stevia and not sugar. :roll:

secrets in symmetry
19-Sep-13, 22:52
Sucking it out the wrapper, and then biting and sucking further almost works.

The problem is that you end up with some paper in your mouth, which is difficult to extract....

secrets in symmetry
21-Sep-13, 00:38
One solution involves buying a huge packet and practising a lot. :cool:

orkneycadian
21-Sep-13, 13:24
Eat it in the cab of the tractor. Once all those crumbs mix up with the sharn on the floor, no-one will ever notice!

secrets in symmetry
21-Sep-13, 13:53
Do you have a spare tractor you can lend me?

Will I have to come over, or will you let me bring it here?

Dadie
21-Sep-13, 14:00
Use a paper plate and a knife.
Cut the tunnocks log into bite size pieces and pop into your mouth bit at a time then roll the paper plate up into a funnel and tip the crumbs into your mouth!

linnie612
21-Sep-13, 14:03
Pelican bib?

secrets in symmetry
21-Sep-13, 14:04
Use a paper plate and a knife.
Cut the tunnocks log into bite size pieces and pop into your mouth bit at a time then roll the paper plate up into a funnel and tip the crumbs into your mouth!Great idea - I must try that! :cool:

Am I listening to the voice of experience, or are you exceptionally innovative?

secrets in symmetry
21-Sep-13, 14:05
Pelican bib?That would surely work, but wouldn't you lose a lot of the bits in the process?

linnie612
21-Sep-13, 14:07
Use a spoon for the dropped bits!

secrets in symmetry
21-Sep-13, 14:14
Use a spoon for the dropped bits!That would also work, and it would work even better if you could break off bits of chocolate with the proper bits....

You and Dadie should be on Dragons' Den! :cool:

Dadie
21-Sep-13, 14:29
GG have you never played the childrens game where you all sit in a circle have a dice and have to roll a 6 then have to put on gloves (other random things like a scarf and wellies etc)and try to unwrap a choccie bar (if very evil frozen) and eat as much as you can in bite sized bits with a knife and fork before someone else rolls a 6 at which time its their turn to put on the gloves etc...

secrets in symmetry
21-Sep-13, 14:50
I can't say I've ever played that game....

Is there an adult version?

Big Gaz
21-Sep-13, 21:53
Sucking it out the wrapper, and then biting and sucking further almost works.

The problem is that you end up with some paper in your mouth, which is difficult to extract....

Always knew you were a sucker! [lol]

Dadie
21-Sep-13, 22:35
hmmn think you could adapt the rules somewhat for an adult version..vodka jelly through a straw?
But im trying to work out the probability of rolling a double 6 or just one 6 if you use two die instead of one....
Just to try and work out how much time I would expect to get to eat chocolate if it takes approx 30 seconds per roll (allowing for super org people that roll and get the dice ready for rerolling in 3 secs flat and the person that loses the dice under the couch that takes 3 mins to retrieve etc)
So far I have worked out its a 2out of 6 if only needing one 6 and a 1 in 36 if using 2 dice to get a double six which means a whole mars bar could be eaten before the next double 6 :D

secrets in symmetry
22-Sep-13, 00:08
hmmn think you could adapt the rules somewhat for an adult version..vodka jelly through a straw?
But im trying to work out the probability of rolling a double 6 or just one 6 if you use two die instead of one....
Just to try and work out how much time I would expect to get to eat chocolate if it takes approx 30 seconds per roll (allowing for super org people that roll and get the dice ready for rerolling in 3 secs flat and the person that loses the dice under the couch that takes 3 mins to retrieve etc)
So far I have worked out its a 2out of 6 if only needing one 6 and a 1 in 36 if using 2 dice to get a double six which means a whole mars bar could be eaten before the next double 6 :DThe probability of getting a double 6 with 2 dice is indeed 1 in 36.

The probability of getting at least one 6 with two dice is 11 in 36, which is a bit less than 2 in 6. You get 2 in 6 if you double-count the probability of getting a double 6 - there's only one way to get a double 6 with two dice.

The probability of getting exactly one 6 with 2 dice is 10 in 36.

I suggest using gin jelly, with Caithness gin from the new distillery in Dunnet. :cool:

secrets in symmetry
24-Sep-13, 01:15
I'm not getting any better at it. I've just made a mess of myself and the sofa....