PDA

View Full Version : Reputations.

cuddlepop
06-Feb-07, 20:59
Have looked amongst forum rules and cant find the rules on reputation giving.
On two seperate occasions I've tried to good rep a fellow Orger and been told I've to spread my rep's around.it was different people on both occasions.
Is it the same rule for bad reping someone?:confused

golach
06-Feb-07, 21:03
Have looked amongst forum rules and cant find the rules on reputation giving.
On two seperate occasions I've tried to good rep a fellow Orger and been told I've to spread my rep's around.it was different people on both occasions.
Is it the same rule for bad reping someone?:confused
Yes it is, once you have given a good/bad reputation to any individual, you cannot then give a good/bad rep for some time, this is to stop, me giving you good reps for all your good postings and bumping up your reputation, and vica versa it stops you bad repping anyone repeatedly

cuddlepop
06-Feb-07, 21:38
How long is sometime?
Golach I did look ..Honest ;)

Angela
06-Feb-07, 22:08
How long is sometime?
Golach I did look ..Honest ;)

I've been wondering that as well...:confused

sam
06-Feb-07, 22:14
when you give someone rep good or bad, i think you have to give rep of atleast 30 before you can give to the same person again.
I might be wrong though.

Oddquine
06-Feb-07, 23:24
when you give someone rep good or bad, i think you have to give rep of atleast 30 before you can give to the same person again.
I might be wrong though.

That seems a bit hard................what happens if nobody has posted anything worth repping before someone you last repped posts something worthwhile (if you know what I mean)?

Isn't it possible to make repping limited as to time rather than decent posts........because sometimes decent posts don't come along that often.........and sometimes it is the same culprits who make them anyway.

Eg...you can't rep the same person more than once in one week/fortnight or whatever.

I'd have thought that the same person bad repping repeatedly would be a case for complaint, anyway.

Do people actually get together to rep each other.....seems a bit futile to me.

EDDIE
07-Feb-07, 00:03
At the end of the day who cares about rep points i dont thats how i see it

golach
07-Feb-07, 00:14
At the end of the day who cares about rep points i dont thats how i see it
Likewise Eddie, I could not care less, but like the good ones [lol]

cuddlepop
07-Feb-07, 10:04
That seems a bit hard................what happens if nobody has posted anything worth repping before someone you last repped posts something worthwhile (if you know what I mean)?

Isn't it possible to make repping limited as to time rather than decent posts........because sometimes decent posts don't come along that often.........and sometimes it is the same culprits who make them anyway.

Eg...you can't rep the same person more than once in one week/fortnight or whatever.

I'd have thought that the same person bad repping repeatedly would be a case for complaint, anyway.

Do people actually get together to rep each other.....seems a bit futile to me.
Thats what I've found too.There are orgers that do write good comments and I've not been able to good reo them as I've to spread it around.
How do you do that if there's nothing that catches your eye.
Oddquine as your on the user group can you discuss or just remove the system of repping as the existing rules are fustrating:(