PDA

View Full Version : Venture Wick ... Boat seen in Scrabster Harbour

Tezden
16-Sep-13, 20:12
Hello ...I saw the above boat in May whilst visiting the area on the Adonia Cruise ship.Can anybody tell me what the boat is used for ... looks too small for a fishing boat and wasn't marked as a Pilt boat.Thanks

colingel
16-Sep-13, 20:33
Sounds like the pilot boat

Even Chance
17-Sep-13, 09:27
Its the Scrabster Pilot boat. It used to be based in Wick as the "Kestrel Venture". It was run by the then "Kestrel", who are now "Rockwater" in Sinclairs Bay.

Tezden
17-Sep-13, 09:44
Just as I thought as it was 'shadowing' Adonia ... But thanks for the confirmation. For interest I will be submitting some photographs of the boat onto the Geograph website today ... Should be visible from Thursday 18th ... Put Venture in the search box. There will also be some of the Adonia in dock and others of the Scrabster area, which can be seen by looking at 'others nearby'Thanks again ... Really enjoyed the visit to your lovely area - apart fom JOG which is looking very run down!

Duncansby
17-Sep-13, 13:06
Really enjoyed the visit to your lovely area - apart fom JOG which is looking very run down!

You should have seen it before the £5 million redevelopment! Did you manage to go to Duncansby Head? There are fantastic views from there and opportunities to see an abundance of wildlife.

Glad you enjoyed your visit to Caithness despite your disappointment of Groats.

Tezden
18-Sep-13, 08:02
Hi ...Yes we did get to Duncansby Head which was very interesting and great views ... Would have liked more time there but we were constrained by the Coach Tour timings. Hope to come again on another cruise or maybe independently by car.Having been brought up in Blackpool but now living in Sheffield, I envy you closeness to the sea and coast and islands ... At least in the Spring, Summer and Autumn! Still go to watch all Blackpool's home matches and occasionally include a walk on the promenade ... But your sea views are much, much, much better!