PDA

View Full Version : Loud-mouthed people of a' boorish and incorrigible nature'

Rheghead
16-Sep-13, 17:29
Yes we all know there is a modern day slang name for these folk, who are usually men, any respectable synonyms?

We come into contact with them throughout our lives but how do we cope with them? Have you ever had to avoid them? Have they ever made you resign from a club or a committee because of them? Is your boss one?

I've come to the conclusion that there is no changing these people because they just don't listen to reason because they see their sense of entitlement to privileges as a priority over the rest of us.

So, I take a stoic approach towards them. I accept them as they are, they are a given in life. I cannot change them, just like Mr Magoo cannot tell a postbox to get out of his way in the street. The message is sent but there is no one to listen.

So I just cooperate with them on my terms.

How do you deal with aristotles? :roll: :lol:

secrets in symmetry
16-Sep-13, 23:24
Yes we all know there is a modern day slang name for these folk, who are usually men, any respectable synonyms? Secessionists. :cool:

Kenn
16-Sep-13, 23:26
Can think of a few very unrespectable!

secrets in symmetry
16-Sep-13, 23:30
Can think of a few very unrespectable!Indeed - secessionists. :cool:

macadamia
16-Sep-13, 23:57
They carry their own prisons with them. They are usually surplus to requirements, or can be made so.

David Banks
17-Sep-13, 01:32
I've come to the conclusion that there is no changing these people because they just don't listen to reason because they see their sense of entitlement to privileges as a priority over the rest of us.

So, I take a stoic approach towards them. I accept them as they are, they are a given in life. I cannot change them, just like Mr Magoo cannot tell a postbox to get out of his way in the street. The message is sent but there is no one to listen.

Royalty!

But, I think we will get rid of the institution.

secrets in symmetry
17-Sep-13, 23:19
In my experience, the boors tend to be those that rant at royalty.

golach
17-Sep-13, 23:25

Here Here I agree, bliddy colonials

David Banks
18-Sep-13, 14:37

Basic argument procedure: if you can't attack the reasoning, then attack the person. Classy.

So, you're telling us that prolonging the class system, with royalty at the head, is the ideal situation, eh?

And, everyone in Britain is happy with all the cutbacks in government, while funding of royal propaganda increases to an almost obscene level. Taxpayers must be loving the level of promotion being afforded to one guy in particular. In the last couple of years, there has been the wedding, the baby, more of the baby, then the "passion" (apparently for animals in Africa - can't say for sure, because I only saw the ads), and now a new job.

If you guys want to pay taxes to be fed that stuff by the BBC, then go ahead - I won`t try to stop you. But, do you know how much it is costing you to air such stuff around the world?

In Canada, we wait until winter, then put on ice skates, get a broom handle, and use stuff like that to make hockey pucks.

golach
18-Sep-13, 15:04
Taxpayers must be loving the level of promotion being afforded to one guy in particular. In the last couple of years, there has been the wedding, the baby, more of the baby, then the "passion" (apparently for animals in Africa - can't say for sure, because I only saw the ads), and now a new job.

He and his family earn more for the UK than you do for Canada [disgust]

secrets in symmetry
18-Sep-13, 23:28
He and his family earn more for the UK than you do for Canada [disgust]Indeed. The anti-Royals' financial arguments are always wrong. Most (but not all) of them are as bad as the intrinsically secessionist scumbags.

golach
18-Sep-13, 23:35
Indeed. The anti-Royals' financial arguments are always wrong. Most (but not all) of them are as bad as the intrinsically secessionist scumbags.

Have had 2 beers and a dram, I could not have pronounced your last 3 words, far less typed them SiS [lol]

secrets in symmetry
18-Sep-13, 23:45
Have had 2 beers and a dram, I could not have pronounced your last 3 words, far less typed them SiS [lol]I could have used shorter words, but the moderator chick wouldn't have liked them. :cool:

David Banks
19-Sep-13, 13:42
He and his family earn more for the UK than you do for Canada [disgust]

For Canucks, here is an interesting observation:

When Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge left Canada in July, 2011, they headed to Hollywood to promote the British film industry, not Canada's.

Unquote

golach
19-Sep-13, 14:29
For Canucks, here is an interesting observation:
When Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge left Canada in July, 2011, they headed to Hollywood to promote the British film industry, not Canada's.
Unquote
And your point is??? Do all bluenoses have chips on their shoulders??? And enlighten me please what does Philippe Couillard contribute to the Canadian coffers?

secrets in symmetry
19-Sep-13, 22:55
And your point is??? Do all bluenoses have chips on their shoulders??? And enlighten me please what does Philippe Couillard contribute to the Canadian coffers?Booring colonials?

blackhawkonfie
22-Sep-13, 10:00
Plenty of them in Caithness, won't last five minutes in a big city!

rob murray
24-Sep-13, 14:37
Yes we all know there is a modern day slang name for these folk, who are usually men, any respectable synonyms?

We come into contact with them throughout our lives but how do we cope with them? Have you ever had to avoid them? Have they ever made you resign from a club or a committee because of them? Is your boss one?

So I just cooperate with them on my terms.

How do you deal with aristotles?

:roll: :lol:

Well tell HER she's obnoxious, self centred, stupid and detrimental to the health and well being of staff