PDA

View Full Version : Caithness oils sold so fracking company?

robbie_roost
11-Sep-13, 19:55
according to the bbc, caithness oils has been sold to the company IGas

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-24036121

fracking in caithness?

orkneycadian
11-Sep-13, 20:38
Excellent news!

According to Honest 'Eck and the SNP, its oil and new recovery technologies (fracking) that will make us rich beyond our wildest dreams post independance. With evidence of it getting underway in Caithness, then some of Honest 'Ecks claims might not seem so outrageous after all!

Tilly Teckel
11-Sep-13, 20:48
Jeez, that's not good. Everything I've heard and read about fracking is bad. Time to leave, maybe?

orkneycadian
11-Sep-13, 20:53
Hang on, you can't leave - Oil is our future - Its what the prosperity of our proud nation will be built on. You can't leave before we even have the neverendum. Thats not the way Pirate Lassie said it would be. We are going to be prosperous and wealthy and folk are supposed to want to live in Scotland, not run away from it.

Pirate Lassie? Whats going wrong? We've not even had the vote yet and folk want to emigrate?

sids
11-Sep-13, 21:27
I've heard and read about fracking is bad.

That's because you've listened to people who don't like it.

And goodbye.

Oddquine
11-Sep-13, 23:10
according to the bbc, caithness oils has been sold to the company IGas

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-24036121

fracking in caithness?

Not necesarily...as far as I can see they do onshore drilling atm,, same as Caithness Oils do at Lybster. Re shale they say Although we intend to conduct more work to better understand the potential of our shale holding, we have no immediate plans to develop it.

Doesn't mean they won't. of course..but equally it doesn't mean they will.....and I'd hazard a guess that they haven't even ascertained the shale potential of the area owned by Caithness Oils......they have just bought over the licences for onshore drilling of offshore oil in the seven areas off the Lybster Coast.

Anyway, you can drill for gas in shale, seemingly...and they are an oil and gas company..not just oil.

Phill
12-Sep-13, 09:11
Igas are on target for clearing the board at bullshit bingo.

RagnarRocks
12-Sep-13, 12:36
I understand the pros and cons of fracking and the potential rewards but they are short term rewards and the long term reprucussions of fracking aren't fully understood. I feel uneasy knowing that to extract the gas the rock has to be fractured and what are the long term effects of that and im talking in the 1000s of years +

orkneycadian
12-Sep-13, 21:52
Thats not the way Pirate Lassie said it would be. We are going to be prosperous and wealthy and folk are supposed to want to live in Scotland, not run away from it.

Pirate Lassie? Whats going wrong? We've not even had the vote yet and folk want to emigrate?

Why are there never any female pirates around when you need one?

Croftergirl
13-Sep-13, 18:35
Your all too late by a few years, the frackin has been done. Did anyone notice it, Nope!Another panic over nothing lol