PDA

View Full Version : CASE, yet again giving to the rich

emszxr
05-Feb-07, 20:44
i see it todays press and journal that there is outrage at the £6k grant given to skibo castle. this is absolutely ridiculous to say the least. why does it seem so very often to be the big companies getting grants when imho they shouldn't need them.

The Pepsi Challenge
05-Feb-07, 21:04
"...when the money keeps rolling in, you don't ask questions."

Evita

Errogie
05-Feb-07, 22:21
It appears to be a grant for a workforce development plan (whatever that is). I suppose we should be grateful that the American owners want to provide something like this for their staff at the place.

What I find really interesting is that the local Enterprise Company is no longer known by that friendly down home title "CASE" but is now referred to as HIE Caithness and Sutherland. I detect some classic rebranding and spin doctoring here similar to Windscale suddenly became Sellafield overnight.
Always a good device for distancing yourself from previous actions!

ywindythesecond
06-Feb-07, 21:38
i see it todays press and journal that there is outrage at the £6k grant given to skibo castle. this is absolutely ridiculous to say the least. why does it seem so very often to be the big companies getting grants when imho they shouldn't need them.

So that's SKIBO doomed then. Pity, it was a good employer.
ywindythesecond

mr do dar
06-Feb-07, 22:35
i went to case when me and my partner was going to buy and run a bed n breakfast and before we got in the door to tell them what we wanted the money for they told us no . but there the first to give to the companys with millions in the bank ... tell me if im wrong but i thought case was to help new business to get up and running .

North Rhins
06-Feb-07, 22:42
i went to case when me and my partner was going to buy and run a bed n breakfast and before we got in the door to tell them what we wanted the money for they told us no . but there the first to give to the companys with millions in the bank ... tell me if im wrong but i thought case was to help new business to get up and running .
Don’t be daft. That would mean an element of risk for the bank. You know how the saying goes; they give you an umbrella when it’s sunny and they want it back when it rains. Been there, got the T shirt and paid their charges.

Mad1man
07-Feb-07, 00:46
I did hear of one small company locally where they decided to try to expand working on their from home business and were told that they did not qualify for help because they had already started their business and therefore didn't need assistance. So if you have an idea and clients wanting you to work, you should turn them down?? Again small businesses lose out. Is it just cynicism or are we really having all this money spent by a quango who are really looking for the big items news break and not the small business infrastructure of our community? Perhaps Those distributing funds should be more accountable for their actions when dealing out from the public purse

Tubthumper
07-Feb-07, 15:04
The Norfrost Directors Pension & Investment Fund is seeking planning permission to build houses, shops and offices at Casteltown. I wonder if they will ask for HI-CAS assistance. Or maybe, once the money rolls in, they could give HI-CAS back some of the dosh that went away when Norfrost went bust?