PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay at Easter?

rewster
12-Mar-05, 23:24
:) Hi All,

Bringing the family (2 bigguns, 2 little 'uns) up for a break from the 25th to the 28th inclusive and would appreciate any recommendations you might have for accomadation. We need a double and 2 single beds, and an en-suite, warm and clean. Beyond that my parents who we are visiting are between Wick and Castletown so the closer the better really.

We were going to risk a tent at Dunnet campsite having had a cracking stay the summer before last, but my Dad reckons we'll all need divers boots right now to stop us blowing away, hence the four walls and roof enquiry!

Thanks in anticipation of a really excellent recommendation.

rewster
13-Mar-05, 21:52
:~(

117 Views and noone has a recommendation yet?

Blimey, I can see us using the tent a this rate!

brandy
13-Mar-05, 21:56
how much are you wanting to spend on accomodation?
there are several b&bs and a few hotels.. so it really just depends on what you want to dole out..
the harbour is suppose to have a nice B&B.. look under tourist places in the buisness index..

Elenna
13-Mar-05, 22:08
rewster,

I sent you a private message this morning with some info in reply to your inquiry, as I didnt think it appropriate to give a public "plug" here for any particular establishment. Check your messages...If it didnt come through to you, post here and I will try again.

Elenna

rewster
13-Mar-05, 22:09
:D Thanks Brandy,

Good idea, I'll have a squint (mind you I always did have a bit of a squint to be fair!)

Fifi
13-Mar-05, 22:19
I guess it's a bit hard for people who live in the county to comment on accommocation as we are unlikely to have used it! However, I notice that there is a B&B in a brand new house at Murkle called Valleyview. It's a cracking looking house and, as I am curious to hear what it is like, why don't you give it a go!? The guy that runs it is the chef in the Ulbster Arms so the breakfast should be good!

You'll find their details under the tourist info/B&B listings on this site - but the B&B is actually known as Antionette's (Valleyview is the house name).

Elenna
13-Mar-05, 22:53
Ive sent you another message with some further info, rewster, for whenever you might get a chance to check.

Elenna

trinkie
14-Mar-05, 09:28
I can thoroughly recommend Mrs Leask, at 10 Port Dunbar, Wick.
01955 60 40 54
Five of us had a most comfortable stay there in the autumn.
And the Breakfast ---- WOW !

rewster
20-Mar-05, 23:29
:D Sorted!

Thanks all for your help, particularly to Elenna who was not only helpful but welcoming and offers a thoroughly nice place to stay.