PDA

View Full Version : aliens

Tom Cornwall
05-Feb-07, 20:09
With all this trouble about turkeys being struck down by a virus and we’re always hearing about this virus and that virus attacking people and animals. I was just lying back with a small Glenmorange and thinking about life in general, when the thought struck me…(or was it the wife)….that for centuries we’ve been looking for aliens to invade us from outer space and wipe out the human race. Maybe the aliens are not coming from outer space, they’ve been here all the time, gradually getting stronger and more devious, and someday some virus will wipe us all out.
It’s just a thought…….or was it the Glenmorange?....

connieb19
05-Feb-07, 20:11
I'm not sure if you're right or not but I've put the budgie out to the shed to be on the safe side. :eek:

danc1ngwitch
05-Feb-07, 20:12
<<<openminded, but na we will wipe oursels out...

johno
05-Feb-07, 23:23
I'm not sure if you're right or not but I've put the budgie out to the shed to be on the safe side. :eek:
ha ha Connie hope you gave him some heating. maybe some of Toms glenmorangie???.

MadPict
06-Feb-07, 00:06
A comedian (I forget who) raised the point that if aliens are observing the Earth and all it's goings-on, and they actually decide to make contact with the ruling species, it will probably be dogs they would want to contact with. After all, they see dogs leading around these creatures which obediently pick up their motions, put them in a bag and carry it home....

pat
06-Feb-07, 12:26
Tom - Could I have some of your glenmorangie please - to warm me up and to sterilise the eggs I must go out to collect from the hens next door, well in case their is bird flu?

cuddlepop
06-Feb-07, 15:09
We as usual have forgot that the enemy usually comes from within.
We should stop the wars with our fellow humans and concetrate on the virus's that could effectively wipe us out.

scorrie
06-Feb-07, 19:07
Aye, we generally have this concept of Aliens being similar to ourselves. I remember the old Outer Limits episodes where the Aliens even toted Smith and Wesson revolvers!!

I think it was The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy that told the tale of an invasion fleet from a far-off planet that arrived on Earth only to find that, due to an unforeseen error in size, the entire fleet was swallowed by a small dog!!

teddybear1873
06-Feb-07, 19:09
With all this trouble about turkeys being struck down by a virus and we’re always hearing about this virus and that virus attacking people and animals. I was just lying back with a small Glenmorange and thinking about life in general, when the thought struck me…(or was it the wife)….that for centuries we’ve been looking for aliens to invade us from outer space and wipe out the human race. Maybe the aliens are not coming from outer space, they’ve been here all the time, gradually getting stronger and more devious, and someday some virus will wipe us all out.
It’s just a thought…….or was it the Glenmorange?....

I knew that Bernard Matthews wasnt from this planet....Duhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

JimH
06-Feb-07, 21:54
He's from NORFOLK! That is right on the edge of the flat planet.