PDA

View Full Version : Toilets at Brora

saba
08-Sep-13, 13:28
There is a notice on the ladies toilets stating that "Due to vandalism, from 7 September the toilets will be locked from 1900 to 0700". Please be aware and pass this on!

Dreamweaver
08-Sep-13, 17:52
Those toilets are truly horrible eewwww

changilass
08-Sep-13, 18:03
Beggers cannae be choosers, when you gotta go you gotta go, or maybe not since they are gonna lock the bliddy things. There is gonna be some serious crossed legs going on, which is not the best position for driving I can assure you.

mi16
08-Sep-13, 18:37
Use the police station instead

jacko
08-Sep-13, 21:54
theres a loo in Golspie.

changilass
08-Sep-13, 22:02
If you need the toilet at Brora its a bliddy long way to Golspie with your legs crossed.

Alrock
08-Sep-13, 22:25
At least they stay open in winter, unlike many dotted about Caithness.... Who on the council decided that people don't need to eject waste material from their bodies over the winter months?

Edit:
Just Googled & can't find a list of Public Toilets & their opening hours for the Caithness area... Anybody know of one & if not should there not be one?

sids
08-Sep-13, 22:53
When do the ones in Tesco close?

Dadie
08-Sep-13, 23:27
Golspie is our loos of choice when going to and from "the south" .
Though you can order and pay for a RADAR key for the disabled loos from the ERIC website for access to public loos outside their opening hours if so inclined..
The key is big but is universal on all disabled public loos.
We take a potty in the car with us and if your bum fits and its an emergency ....its used!
Adults can usually hold on until toilets are sourced....but kids have to go when they need to go!
As for grim loos the public loos at Helmsdale take some beating in the horribleness ..plastic bits screwed to the seat instead of a seat. yuck! and loo roll and hot water and soap to wash hands isnt provided and hand towels are more often noticible by their absence than being provided...
And a good thriving population of midgies to take advantage of the bare flesh presented to them!
Radar Key is available from simplicare store for £5.64 if thats needed....disabled loos are usually better than the mens loos and on par if not better than the ladies loos if that helps matters!
(I have kids and they can be funny about yucky loos ) so its tempting spech if loos are locked!..

mi16
09-Sep-13, 09:04
There is any amount of layby's on the road

jacko
09-Sep-13, 10:06
There is any amount of layby's on the road

gotta agree with you there m16 for guy s .
but if you visit your home loo before leaving , surely one can last the two n a bit hours to inverness .
and there just has to be bars hotels etc open . ??

Kodiak
09-Sep-13, 11:31
Golspie is our loos of choice when going to and from "the south" .
Though you can order and pay for a RADAR key for the disabled loos from the ERIC website for access to public loos outside their opening hours if so inclined..
The key is big but is universal on all disabled public loos.
We take a potty in the car with us and if your bum fits and its an emergency ....its used!
Adults can usually hold on until toilets are sourced....but kids have to go when they need to go!
As for grim loos the public loos at Helmsdale take some beating in the horribleness ..plastic bits screwed to the seat instead of a seat. yuck! and loo roll and hot water and soap to wash hands isnt provided and hand towels are more often noticible by their absence than being provided...
And a good thriving population of midgies to take advantage of the bare flesh presented to them!
Radar Key is available from simplicare store for £5.64 if thats needed....disabled loos are usually better than the mens loos and on par if not better than the ladies loos if that helps matters!
(I have kids and they can be funny about yucky loos ) so its tempting spech if loos are locked!..

Disabled Toilets are locked a reason. That reason is that they are supplied for the sole use of Disabled people. Many Disabled people can not "Hold On" and if they find they can not access a Disabled Toilet because someone is inside nasty accidents could and do happen.

I find it horrendous that you advocate people who are not Disabled to go and buy a key for Disabled Toilets.

changilass
09-Sep-13, 11:56
Don't shoot the messenger Kodiak.

If you want to blame someone, maybe a letter to the companies selling the Radar keys without needing any proof of disability would be better.

I was amazed when we applied for one and didn't have to provide proof.

Dadie
09-Sep-13, 13:36
We have someone in the household who has a medical complaint that means if they need to go they have to go without much warning.
So we got a key....but probably wouldnt have looked into getting one if they didnt have the need as we found out about the key on the ERIC website.
No proof needed.
Besides I would expect people to use the ladies or gents toilets if they could (and if they are open).
And the key only used if the other options were shut...sort of as a last resort rather than peeing or pooping in a layby!

Lavenderblue2
09-Sep-13, 13:53
These toilets, although old, were always clean. If you went in to use them around 9am they would have been newly hosed down and clean enough. However, the last time....and I mean THE LAST TIME I went in to use them they were so dirty I could hardly breath!! There was a lot of evidence of folk having been in there drinking and whatever else.... But where was the man with the hose??? The cleaning had obviously stopped. Somebody suggested using the Police Station??? Can you do that, and where is the Police Station?

mi16
09-Sep-13, 14:09
yes you can, the Police Station is on the South side of Brora to the left when heading South.

Lavenderblue2
09-Sep-13, 14:32
Thank you Mi16....that is good to know. :)

DunnetKnowe
09-Sep-13, 15:38
And if you're pregnant, the law says you're allowed to pee in a policeman's hat.

That same law is not clear if you're allowed to make a more substantial deposit in his hat however.

PantsMAN
09-Sep-13, 16:03
I do SO enjoy hearing other people's toilet stories. (and I only read a couple).

Class and sophistication are alive and well I see.

Can we do something really savoury next time...

RagnarRocks
09-Sep-13, 17:39
Can we do something really savoury next time...[/QUOTE]Savouries ! In a policemans helmet perchance ?

sids
09-Sep-13, 17:48
Class and sophistication......

Yes, "Pantsman."

sids
09-Sep-13, 17:49
Just hang on until you're past Portgower!

poppett
09-Sep-13, 18:43
The RADAR key fits the ladie`s toilet in Brora. Found this out last Gala week when the loos were locked. I never gave it a second thought, just used my RADAR key to find a long queue formed when I came out.

PantsMAN
09-Sep-13, 19:58
Yes, "Pantsman."

Yes, it's a 'screen-name', like many others...

joe
09-Sep-13, 21:56
You can go into council offices in Golspie and get a swipe card for £5 to use to open toilets when closed,very handy to keep in car.

Keyser_soze
10-Sep-13, 00:39
That was the Wick Academy female young team after the demolition derby last week.........

gerry4
10-Sep-13, 11:54
how does that work as I have never seen a toilet door that takes swipe cards? I have a bowel conditions and sometimes need a toilet quickly.

sids
10-Sep-13, 17:34
how does that work as I have never seen a toilet door that takes swipe cards?

You slip it into the jamb and prise the Yale open.