PDA

View Full Version : BIG GIG LOCATION VOTE (have your say people)

K dragon
05-Feb-07, 18:37
where should the BIG GIG 2007 be held.

choose from the following and i will tally the votes next week.

A: field next to safeways

B: scrabster field

C: outside town hall

D: the dammies

GET VOTING!!

zebedy
05-Feb-07, 19:59
D............

moncur
05-Feb-07, 20:07
D
(this sentence is to fill up to ten characters)

cmack
05-Feb-07, 20:50
wel, i'd say definitely not outside the town hall or at scrabster.

dammies would probably be the best place

The Pepsi Challenge
05-Feb-07, 21:01
Under a marquee (dry, better sound) at Sir George's Park (the last third, at the garage end).

Would highly recommend hiring Bombskare - two-tone ska band from Edinburgh - to headline one of the days. Upbeat party tunes guaranteed to get people smiling and dancing, they wouldn't cost the earth to book, and, are, one of the best live bands in the country. www.bombskare.com

I also wouldn't charge punters an admission fee; instead, request all spectators make a donation of, at least, a pound.

The lack of vision (I believe) and the (glaringly obvious) inability to pull everyone in the right direction over the running and organising of the event might be its downfall. However, here's hoping a severe outbreak of co-operation, support and comprimise ensues.

theone
05-Feb-07, 21:41
D for me.

A second.

Not the other two.

K dragon
05-Feb-07, 21:48
pepsi, marqee need liscences.

and the punters are paying lol

enough will sneak in.

and you didnt vote.

thats the only ones we can use out of that selection.

so please just post a b c or d

Tubthumper
05-Feb-07, 21:52
D for me. Good on you for organising, good luck, hope it goes well.

The Pepsi Challenge
05-Feb-07, 22:31
pepsi, marqee need liscences.

and the punters are paying lol

enough will sneak in.

and you didnt vote.

thats the only ones we can use out of that selection.

so please just post a b c or d

I did vote D, didn't I? Licenses? Well, get them.

Rampant Rabbit
05-Feb-07, 22:40
fit about dunnet heid

moncur
05-Feb-07, 22:56
fit about dunnet heid

What about it?

bit of a trek to go for a gig. read some of the other threads in the music forum and you'll see how much of a bad idea people will think that is

swavey
05-Feb-07, 23:15
D......................

Gleber2
06-Feb-07, 00:08
fit about dunnet heid

Nae chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metalattakk
06-Feb-07, 00:19
D. No doubts about it.

Pepsi's idea of the garage end and a marquee is another very viable option. As Pepsi says - Licences? So what? Get them.

People worried about the river? Police it. Put people there to stop it happening. Liaise with the police, the council, the Boy Scouts, The Church Of Scientology, Stewarts Melville FPs, whoever you need to. Doesn't matter who it is, just do what you have to.

Too many exit points? So what? Again, police it properly.

Worried about people nipping off to get their beer from the wee Co-op? Then don't take the eyes out of them in the venue. It's not rocket science....

K dragon
06-Feb-07, 00:39
woah!!! dont condescend me.!!

liscences cost money, i have already pointed out that TTIA is not minted.

second of all police dont deem such events to be important enough to put their officers on, they have better things to do than usher drunks.

staff, dont have that many, and last year many were asked on this forum to volunteer to do some gaurd duty and only a small view replied.

if its THAT simple, why dont you do this single handed.

now continue the voting please THATS WHAT WOULD BE MOST HELPFUL.

WeeBurd
06-Feb-07, 01:05
In the words of the parrot from Pirates of The Caribbean 2: The Dead Man's Chest...

"Don't eat me!" [lol]

D

The Pepsi Challenge
06-Feb-07, 01:07

second of all police dont deem such events to be important enough to put their officers on, they have better things to do than usher drunks.

staff, dont have that many, and last year many were asked on this forum to volunteer to do some gaurd duty and only a small view replied.

Lad, your wanton ability to snap back at suggestions made by other posters leads me to believe you're not very adult or equipped to handle this kind of project. I hope I'm wrong. Good luck - you'll need it.

Metalattakk
06-Feb-07, 01:22

Point one: When I mention the word 'police', it doesn't naturally mean that the Police have to be involved. You can always do the policing yourself. Stewards, security, call them what you will.

Having said that, you will not be able to hold this event at all without liaising with the Police. They will need to know what is going on, and will need to know what you have planned.

Point two: You want to stage a major (in this area) outdoor musical extravaganza, yet you "dont have that many" staff? Then get more.

Point three: Nobody said it would be easy. If you thought that it would be easy, then I suppose you've just got a right shock. If you don't have the inclination to work for what you want to achieve, then I'm afraid you'll achieve exactly nothing.

You volunteered to do this. If you don't have the bottle or guts (or the sheer bloody-mindedness) to do it, then you'd better change your attitude quick-smart.

You will receive an amazing amount of support from all of us that want this event to happen. But you won't get anyone to lift a finger if you have a defeatist attitude.

K dragon
06-Feb-07, 01:51
my job is to organise this event, now i could have done this without consulting you all, and put on a failure of an event.

i have had people give comments on the venue, the layout, MY ATTITUDE which has nothing to do with it, my conduct and my responses.

i have had some good positive remarks from people and i thank you now, you are helping to shape this gig, and i really appreciate the help.

those of you who have a problem with my attitude......too bad.

i have had the decency to ask THE local music community what they want from this gig and a good 40 percent of you have put ME and THE GIG down.

(cue arguements)

so vote, for the venue. forget my attitude, its not going anywhere, and i apologise if it offends you but to be quite frank you bug me at times, i mean that respectfully.

and im nineteen pepsi, young stressed and ready to blow! seriously the stress is unbelievable. and people contribute to it every day and thats MY life, but i dont care because that is not relevant nor does it have anything to do with this forum. you got a problem with me and my attitude pm me.

now please just vote, thats all i ask for, vote for where YOU want YOUR big gig to be held.

im asking for your help.

dont criticise, over analyze, just vote for the venue.

please...

The Pepsi Challenge
06-Feb-07, 02:06
I rest my case... it's at home in front of the fire, wearing slippers and smoking a pipe.

I'll leave y'all to it.

Jeid
06-Feb-07, 04:26
D... I don't think any of the other places would be as good as D

K dragon
06-Feb-07, 06:12
okay so obviously the dammies is in the lead.

thanks to everyone who is voting.

Jeemag_USA
06-Feb-07, 14:18
D.. I won't be there but if I was I would like to watch it at the Dammies.

I also think only local bands should be the headliners, don't see the point of having a big gig for Caithness then having some other act come up and take the applause for it. There is enough musical talent in Caithness to make it great and I think as many or all artists in Caithness should take part in some way even if it is only helping out or lending some kind of hand. Pull together, forget gripes and stuff, just get on with it. I have only heard from a few of the bands who are going to be playing, but without demeaning any other band I woudl say Astronot are more than capable of being a headliner for one night.

Forget about the drink, just tell everyone to mix bacardi and coke in a plastic bottle and turn up!

In the Words of Wayne: Book them and they shall come! :L

Rampant Rabbit
06-Feb-07, 16:54
my last post on this site re dunnet head for the gig was a bit of fun so why dont you lighting up a bit me am sayin good bye of this site for good

K dragon
06-Feb-07, 17:15
i give up lol

foreveruntitled
06-Feb-07, 17:41
D - at the dammies

Naefearjustbeer
06-Feb-07, 18:01
Forget about the drink, just tell everyone to mix bacardi and coke in a plastic bottle and turn up!

In the Words of Wayne: Book them and they shall come! :L

D and as for the drink no mater what you do the coke bottle mixers are going to be there.

K dragon
06-Feb-07, 18:19
drink isnt a huge issue, just sticking it there for the punters really.

Kev_Plastic_Food
06-Feb-07, 18:56
D...........

Tubthumper
06-Feb-07, 20:15
Am I missing something here? K Dragon is setting out on a complex & stressful journey. This is on behalf of all local musicians. All of whom have consistently and loudly agreed down the years that the local scene (and local audience) stinks and needs a boot up the Nat King Cole. In the same breath everyone either claims it can't be done, pooh-poohs the ideas of others, points to failed endeavours in the past and/or generally gets hysterical about why we can't have a flourishing music scene.
So...?
Is it time you collectively withdrew heads from dark orifice of choice and either got on with actually delivering something that a local audience would want to buy into (ie not just what you want to play yourselves) or actually clammed up and let the K Dragon get on with experiencing the learning curve that leads to being bitter, twisted, failed musicians or big fish in a tiny yet totally irrelevant musical puddle?

moncur
06-Feb-07, 21:12
Am I missing something here? K Dragon is setting out on a complex & stressful journey. This is on behalf of all local musicians. All of whom have consistently and loudly agreed down the years that the local scene (and local audience) stinks and needs a boot up the Nat King Cole. In the same breath everyone either claims it can't be done, pooh-poohs the ideas of others, points to failed endeavours in the past and/or generally gets hysterical about why we can't have a flourishing music scene.
So...?
Is it time you collectively withdrew heads from dark orifice of choice and either got on with actually delivering something that a local audience would want to buy into (ie not just what you want to play yourselves) or actually clammed up and let the K Dragon get on with experiencing the learning curve that leads to being bitter, twisted, failed musicians or big fish in a tiny yet totally irrelevant musical puddle?

Amen to that ma brother! (or sista, just so that we can keep the thread PC lol)

Reev
06-Feb-07, 22:03
D........................

The first one was there, i thought it was a cool venue, had the "FESTIVAL "feel to it, so lets go for the festival feeling again

:roll:

zebedy
06-Feb-07, 22:13
need we say much more

DDDDDDDDD

xD

Chobbersjnr
07-Feb-07, 03:19
So...?

class, that's twice I've had a royal laugh courtesy of your posts & for the record I couldn't agree more

moan there's nothing up here & as soon as something comes along, tear it up

mon the dragon

goggs1987
07-Feb-07, 12:48
D-D-D-Dammies

:cool:

lagertops
07-Feb-07, 22:14
D = Dammies

Deemac
08-Feb-07, 00:44
= B

I just want to fight with Jeid!! :roll:

Jeid
08-Feb-07, 01:22
= B

I just want to fight with Jeid!! :roll:

Bring it :D

However, I'm not in an arguementative mood tonight, maybe when I get up in the morning, I will.