PDA

View Full Version : dr leask's house

sweep
04-Feb-07, 21:52
what on earth is happening to dr leask's old house in high street --opposite the pipe band hall. every day more windows are smashed, there's hardly a whole one left. not a good look for our high street and town. probably the ruined shell of Dominoes nightclub next door doesn't help.who own's the house, is it still lived in?

pat
04-Feb-07, 21:59
last I knew (a few years ago) it belonged to the hotel and was used as accomodation for senior staff members.

Lavenderblue2
04-Feb-07, 22:04
Yes sweep, I only commented to my husband about the state of that house the other day. So sad to see it going to rack and ruin, surely something could be done with it. As you say the area round about is pretty run down looking.

LB

johno
04-Feb-07, 22:18
Yea, Dr Leasks old house is sure in some state, i remember years ago before the hotel got hold of it, it was really nice set in lovely well kept gardens. the structure of the place now look,s as if it needs pulling down. another town centre eyesore to be added to the list.
:(

Fran
05-Feb-07, 02:57
The hotel manager lives in it but says he lives upstairs, though it is the kitchen downstairs where the windows are smashed.

spurtle
05-Feb-07, 11:40
Yea, Dr Leasks old house is sure in some state, i remember years ago before the hotel got hold of it, it was really nice set in lovely well kept gardens. the structure of the place now look,s as if it needs pulling down. another town centre eyesore to be added to the list.
:(
I met Dr Leask a few years back - he mentioned how sad he was to see it in the state it was, and that was not yesterday by any means. I believe it is the oldest house in Wick. Is it not listed?