PDA

View Full Version : An Inconvenient Truth

outsidethebox
01-Sep-13, 16:58
Just watched Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth again after 5 years. What he says still makes sense, the problems still exist. He was still robbed of the Presidency by that Bush. Fracking really is not going to fix the problems that the world faces due to climate change / global warming.

Can now fully understand why Bush declared war on terrorism, it gave a very good reason to "intervene" in any country with oil, and stopped the public looking too closely at the criminal over use of the worlds natural resources by in descending order of waste the USA, Western Europe, everywhere else.

I totally despair of any sort of quality of life for my kids in 50 years time, and it's my generation that's doing it, in full knowledge of what they are doing.

You might guess I'm not in too happy a place today.

orkneycadian
01-Sep-13, 17:07
Did you also watch The Age of Stupid?

billmoseley
01-Sep-13, 18:32
I often think mankind is horrid and should be removed from this planet. Why should 1 species destroy the plant for 1000,s of other species

mi16
01-Sep-13, 19:12
I often think mankind is horrid and should be removed from this planet. Why should 1 species destroy the plant for 1000,s of other speciesAnd who is going to remove us?

RagnarRocks
01-Sep-13, 21:33
I'd suggest Mother Nature is cooking up some new little virus somewhere to give us a good hammering soon!Failing that we are stupid enough to wipe out our own environment just take look at Easter Island it's happened on a small scale before.As for climate change well its been changing since we've had a climate. I don't suggest we have no effect on our climate I just suggest its not as dramatic as the global warming/ climate change brigade suggest but that does not suggest we just carry on as we are either.

Green_not_greed
02-Sep-13, 17:57
And who is going to remove us?

Cockroaches........... they have a plan.

billmoseley
02-Sep-13, 18:47
i suspect in the end we will remove ourselves along with some help from old mother nature she always wins