PDA

View Full Version : Easter bunnies

Viva 1
04-Feb-07, 19:45
I see in saturdays paper, that faceless wonders in Grampian NHS have banned Easter cellibrations. I trust that these same P.C. numpties have also banned Ramadan,Yom Kippur etc.[disgust]

cuddlepop
04-Feb-07, 20:00
What I cant get my head around is that when we visit their country the woman have to cover their arms and legs etc.We have to conform to there cultural dress codes so they should tollerate ours.
If we didn't cover up over in muslim countries what would happen?Would the muslim accept our right to dress as we wish.:confused

fred
04-Feb-07, 20:48
I see in saturdays paper, that faceless wonders in Grampian NHS have banned Easter cellibrations. I trust that these same P.C. numpties have also banned Ramadan,Yom Kippur etc.[disgust]

Could you post a link so we can see what you're on about, there's nothing on the North of Scotland site, the NHS Grampian site or the BBC about it.

As much as I can see the benefits I don't think they have the power to prevent children from stuffing themselves till they puke with cocoa beans picked by South American peasants earning less than a dollar a day.

PhilR
05-Feb-07, 10:50
What I cant get my head around is that when we visit their country the woman have to cover their arms and legs etc.We have to conform to there cultural dress codes so they should tollerate ours.
If we didn't cover up over in muslim countries what would happen?Would the muslim accept our right to dress as we wish.:confused

By coincidence, Cuddlepop, in today's paper here in Kuwait is the following......

"A Saudi Arabian court has convicted and sentenced 20 foreigners to receive lashes and spend several months in prison for attending a party where alcoholic drinks were served and men and women danced, a Saudi newspaper reported Sunday. The kingdom’s religious police arrested 433 foreigners, including more than 240 women, for attending the “impudent” party in Jiddah, the state-guided newspaper Okaz reported.

The religious police .... roam public places, such as malls, markets and universities, looking for such infractions as unrelated men and women mingling in public, men skipping the five daily prayers and women with strands of hair showing from under their veil."

You can bet they (or any other Muslim country) dont ban traditional/religious festivals just because there are a minoroty of expats in their midst...and nor would we expect them to.