PDA

View Full Version : RIP Sir David Frost

golach
01-Sep-13, 12:04
Another great TV personality gone, love his humour, quick wit, and sharp tongue.

joxville
01-Sep-13, 12:18
I too enjoyed his programmes, a fine broadcaster, many could learn from him. RIP David.

Kodiak
01-Sep-13, 13:47
Requiescat In Pace David, You were a One Off!

David Banks
01-Sep-13, 21:34
He was known on this side of the Atlantic for his interview with Nixon.

But, for those of us who remember him from TW3, his incisive wit was unbeatable and unforgettable.

If I may be allowed one recollection, it was a piece he did as a "TV reporter" covering the launching of a ship (by a certain person) who, untypically perhaps, was on the bows of the ship as it launched -- and it proceeded to sink under the waves, with "persons" on board -- maintaining their dignity to the end.

And, I'm trying to remember, was he on a similar style programme before TW3? What was it called? Any corroboration of my misty memories will be most welcome.

David Banks
04-Sep-13, 07:57
and, referring to prime minister wilson, there was the line "our father which art in heaven, harald be thy name."

My memory back over 50 years is working fine. What I had for lunch yesterday - I've no idiot.

Nowadays, it would still be pushing the limits of political correctness, but, for a teenager living in the 'back of beyond' - it was great stuff even if I did not catch all the references at the time.

It's amazing what you can find on u-tube.