PDA

View Full Version : Faulty phone line?

windness
01-Sep-13, 10:45
Wondering if anyone can help me.Our phone is not working,line is dead but if someone phones us it rings in the house but when I pick it up keeps ringing in the ear piece.No problem with the Broadband.Is it possible the phone line is faulty although the broadband is okay? Thanks.

Kodiak
01-Sep-13, 10:55
It could be your ASDSL Splitter is faulty so perhaps you require a new one.

Crackeday
04-Sep-13, 06:38
Sounds like you could have a "ring trip" normally caused by a faulty phone or extension. Try unplugging the phone and plug a different one in, same with an extension till you find the culprit.If an engineer comes out and its this, you'll be charged for it!!!

gunner
04-Sep-13, 08:23
the same thing happiend to me and the phone line was frayed got a new one and all is ok

Big Gaz
04-Sep-13, 18:33
I had the same problem a while back but my internet although working was incredibly slow. Turned out moisture had entered the oval connector box (before the master socket) and corrosion had set in. The connectors were all green with verdigris. BT engineer removed the box and replaced the cable from the box outside straight into the master socket and no charge at all as it was before the master socket :-)