PDA

View Full Version : Chill in the air

Tugmistress
04-Feb-07, 18:06
ok some of you may shoot me down in flames but i don't give a stuff ;)
for those interested, i suggest you get your thermals out, it's going to get pretty cold and white over the next couple of days

been watching this little bit of winter coming on since last wednesday, and it is definately on for some white fluffy stuff to fall from the sky, it's been that long since i seen a load of it i forgot what it's called [lol]

Glenys Hirst
04-Feb-07, 18:15
Yes...the weather man said there will be snow appearing this week..Its going to be freezing down here in Yorkshire this week also...have got my fleecy pjs out already!

Kaishowing
04-Feb-07, 18:20
Any hint at what the weather's likely to be like next weekend??:confused

Tugmistress
04-Feb-07, 18:50
Any hint at what the weather's likely to be like next weekend??:confused

Had a quick look at the charts, remember at 7 days out everything can change, but from the charts available today it is looking like more of the same, cold and white :roll:

highlander
04-Feb-07, 19:07
Will it be a skifter tuggs, or are we in for some deep drifts?

cuddlepop
04-Feb-07, 19:12
Yipee.Kids are off from thursday till tuesday here.be nice for them as they missed out over christmas hols.
Even if we dont get any over here on the west,there's alwas an excuse to go east;)
Haven't made a snow angel yet:lol:

danc1ngwitch
04-Feb-07, 19:28
kids of here i think thur and frid... I love the snow and guess wot i gonna have fun wea ma dog...( ops ) and the children are goin to av fun wea the dog to lol. Last time we got heaps o snow the dog did wot he loves he pulled them everywhere on the sledge...[lol]

Tugmistress
04-Feb-07, 22:27
Will it be a skifter tuggs, or are we in for some deep drifts?

i don't think we'll be in for any deep drifts, probably no more than a couple of cm if that :( though things can change that quickly with snow, it's one of the hardest things to forecast apart from fog :roll:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
04-Feb-07, 23:39
Yipeeeee!!!!On holiday as well.Snow love it except for the yellow stuff.

changilass
04-Feb-07, 23:45
Awww Cedric, what were you up to that you found out you didn't like the yellow stuff:lol:

highlander
04-Feb-07, 23:50
I read on the met office site this week, that pink and yellow snow fell in russia, they think it was caused by pollution, gawdddddddd imagine if that fell in caithness, it would be the most talked topic in here LOL

Cedric Farthsbottom III
04-Feb-07, 23:51
Ma pals threw a snowball at me after peeing on it,hit me right in the mouth changilass.So yellow snow and me havnae mixed ever since.Although did pass a field of newly fallen snow one night and did a pee writing Cedric Rules Okay.Ach ye only live once.:lol: :lol:

highlander
05-Feb-07, 00:14
OOPS got it wrong it was orange and yellow snow lol

emb123
05-Feb-07, 00:21
Ma pals threw a snowball at me after peeing on it,hit me right in the mouth changilass.So yellow snow and me havnae mixed ever since.Although did pass a field of newly fallen snow one night and did a pee writing Cedric Rules Okay.Ach ye only live once.:lol:
you either really needed that or you can write quickly! :grin:

the second coming
05-Feb-07, 04:36
Ma pals threw a snowball at me after peeing on it,hit me right in the mouth changilass.So yellow snow and me havnae mixed ever since.Although did pass a field of newly fallen snow one night and did a pee writing Cedric Rules Okay.Ach ye only live once.:lol: :lol:
was it in capitals or adult joinedy up writin???

mr do dar
06-Feb-07, 17:29
tuggs are we set to get the weather that the bbc weather is telling everyone ? the bbc cut off around glasgow and they never tell us whats happening plus they say its gonna be wind and rain then you say mild and calm . and more often then not your right . so is it coming ?

Tugmistress
06-Feb-07, 17:31
hi mr do dar,
what are the beeb saying and for when and i will have a look and let you know :)

Tugmistress
06-Feb-07, 17:55
ok i looked on the beeb 5 day forecast and here is my version using their criteria .... "This is calculated based on a weighting of different types of weather, so if a day is forecast to be sunny with the possibility of a brief shower, then we will see a sunny or partly cloudy symbol rather than a rain cloud. The maximum temperature is the highest temperature forecast between 0600 and 1800, whereas the minimum temperature is the lowest temperature expected from 1800 on the day in question to 0600 the following day. The wind speed and direction are the expected conditions at midday."

wed ; 3 or 4c with sunny spells, on the off chance of any precipitation it will only be light and a slim chance it will fall as snow/hail, wind very light about 10mph from the west or southwest.

thu ; 4c again, sunny spells, cloud around but not much falling out of the sky, wind east south easterly possibly gusting up to about 20mph not much more though.

fri ; again about 4c with possible sunny spells and not a lot falling out of the sky, wind south south easterly gusting about 25mph.

sat ; again roughly the same temp though feeling a damn site colder as the wind will be south easterly gusting about 40 - 50mph though probably a few squally showers of probably hail it should remain fairly sunny.

sun ; and again about the same temps, 4c or so, strong east south easterly wind again so feeling a lot colder, not a lot of hope of sunshine, liable to be quite a manky day really with probably sleet/hail falling in squalls rather than actual fluffy stuff.

hope that answers your question Mr Do Dar :) btw, sat and sun are laible to change because the low pressure system that is forecast for the weekend to give us the wind is still meandering and the models are finding it hard to decide on which way it is going to go!

Victoria
06-Feb-07, 18:00
I think we're in for some snow down here this week also

mr do dar
06-Feb-07, 18:03
thanks tuggs X

south view 7
06-Feb-07, 18:21
I,But who"s handwriting was it in?????????

Cedric Farthsbottom III
07-Feb-07, 02:06
was it in capitals or adult joinedy up writin???

It was adult joinedy writing,the second coming.A bladder full of beer and managed to pee it all except for the full stop in Cedric:lol: Tugmistress was right though as always,it snowed.:D

Cedric Farthsbottom III
07-Feb-07, 02:08
I,But who"s handwriting was it in?????????

Saying nothing:o :o

Cedric Farthsbottom III
07-Feb-07, 02:49
not usual for you ur poems are well may i say ur it lol lol lol lol lol lol wot a heap of crap u say and dont even make rythnm poem wise stand back ,look onto thredic lol lol lol lol lol :)

Havnae heard from ye for a while ma amigo.Have ye been hiding?