PDA

View Full Version : valentines gifts at tescos

moonshadow
04-Feb-07, 17:39
before i get started on a rant here, please tell me i am mistaken.

in the clothing section in wick tescos there is a valentine gift area, with items like fun valentine socks and underwear. please tell me i am very incorrect in my guess that the female valentines undies( knickers) are childs sizes?

if they are then i think its disgusting. it looks like tescos are selling unsuitable items of clothing for children aged around 8 years old.

Kaishowing
04-Feb-07, 19:28
Whether you're right or not, I think that alot of company's need to re-examine the morality of targeting some products at children.[evil]
If things keep on going the way they are, kids will skip childhood altogether.

mr do dar
04-Feb-07, 19:56
no . sorry to correct you but your wrong about the clothing in tesco . the valentines clothing is for adults only . i dont think tesco or any other shop would promote children to wear clothing of that nature

Kaishowing
04-Feb-07, 20:25
i dont think tesco or any other shop would promote children to wear clothing of that nature

Not openly perhaps...but thanks to the media bombarding youngsters with inapproriate images they're unspoken partners in marketing it all by supplying the goods in child sizes.

They can only say 'it's for the petite woman' so often before they smell what they're shovelling!

Mister Squiggle
04-Feb-07, 21:18
And without wanting to get too hysterical about this, a couple of weeks back I went into Tescos to get some tracksuit bottoms for my daughter. I picked out a pair, in size 6-7, and was about to pop them in the trolley when I turned them over to see, emblazoned in humungous, pink and glittery writing, the word "delicious!" over the bottom.
Frankly, I think that's pretty off. "Delicious" might be an innocuous word with positive connotations when it comes to something like, say, chocolate cake, but put it in hot pink writing on the rear of a little girls' trousers and it becomes something slightly more weird.
Needless to say, I chucked them back on the rack and went off muttering under my breath ...
Of course, this is not just a Tescos issue. My daughter was also sent a size 5 t-shire from family overseas with the words "I Love Boys" on the front with a heap of kissy kissy marks. It makes a great dusting rag!

moonshadow
04-Feb-07, 21:34
no . sorry to correct you but your wrong about the clothing in tesco . the valentines clothing is for adults only . i dont think tesco or any other shop would promote children to wear clothing of that nature

well why did the sizes look tiny then? they didnt look like they would fit many normal women, apart from stick thin cat-walk models who cannot be called normal!

Itoshi
04-Feb-07, 22:51
they would fit many normal women, apart from stick thin cat-walk models who cannot be called normal!

Skinny people aren't normal?

moonshadow
04-Feb-07, 23:03
thats not what i said[disgust]
if you had read it properly, i was saying that these cat-walk models are not a normal size. most of them are half starved and skeletal looking.

ok i will rephrase my older posting.

well why did the sizes look tiny then? they didnt look like they would fit many normal women, apart from stick thin cat-walk models who cannot be called normal!

corrected to:

well why did the sizes look tiny then? they didnt look like they would fit many 'average sized' women, apart from stick-thin cat-walk models who can only be called the extreme side of thin!

Itoshi
04-Feb-07, 23:08
Point taken :) But there are many people on the "extreme side of thin" - British size 4 or 6 I suppose - who take care of themselves. Some people are just naturally thin - don't hold it against them. They're normal too :)

WeeBurd
04-Feb-07, 23:08
Skinny people aren't normal?

Apparently not! :roll: It appears in many peoples minds, you have to be a Size16 minimum to be normal... When are we going to get over classing people as normal or freaks, and accept that people come in all different shapes and sizes, one being no more or less acceptable than another? There are people who suffer illness or conditions, some of which may be self-inflicted, which may see them towards one extreme or another, but that's a whole different kettle of fish. [disgust]

Itoshi
04-Feb-07, 23:14
Apparently not! It appears in many peoples minds, you have to be a Size16 minimum to be normal... When are we going to get over classing people as normal or freaks, and accept that people come in all different shapes and sizes, one being no more or less acceptable than another? There are people who suffer illness or conditions, some of which may be self-inflicted, which may see them towards one extreme or another, but that's a whole different kettle of fish.

Exactly :roll: Many people are tall and skinny, and it's just the way they are. Just as many people are shorter, or curvier, or whatever. Everyone has difficulty finding clothes - the larger shouldn't resent the smaller for having underwear that fits ;)

Naefearjustbeer
05-Feb-07, 00:14
There does appear to be a lot of questionable clothing for young kids these days. I think when I see some kids and the way they are dressed it is disgusting, as a parent I wouldnt be happy seeing my wee girl going to a primary school disco dressed up like a little tart. But parents or adults are buying the kids these clothes and letting them wear them you cannot blame the child if they are dressed up like a doll from a young age.