PDA

View Full Version : BT broadband

hotrod4
12-Mar-05, 13:06
Good news for all bt broadband customers!!.
Connected to tne net and found the connection is now running at 2.2mbps!!!!!!!!!!
What a speed ma pc is downloading at now gonna need a crash helmet for safety purposes!!!!!!! :D
WELL DONE BT 2.2mbps for the same price as 512!!!!

Rheghead
12-Mar-05, 13:39
I am still in the slow lane. :(

Reay for Broadband! hooray! (http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange.php?ecode=NSREY)

Brizer2k2
12-Mar-05, 13:59
The company I work for announced the same.

Any of our existing users will upgrade for free from 512k to 2 meg (not immediately. only when BT can get all the work done or if they really need it now they can do it for a one off fee of £12 incl VAT).

I am sure several other ISP's will do the same.

www.nildram.net

Dali
12-Mar-05, 19:28
I was looking at joining nildram till they wanted £58 setup fee.

Brizer2k2
12-Mar-05, 19:58
I'd keep an eye out on the Nildram site to see if we offer a free migration from another ISP. Happens from time to time.

We are different to most of the BIG players such as BT and AOL who offer free set ups and free modems who are only interested in grabbing customers and over subscribing at the expense of their network capacity.

We always invest heavily in our network equipment.

Also watch out for the standard speed people have shoot up also............512k has been standard speed for a while, now most people will be 2 meg in July and in another years time it will be up to 4 and 8 Meg probably.

Since we joined the Pipex group we have been able to offer special offers such as The Neatgear routers for almost 50% of the price we sold them for in the past plus new Voice services such as Hometalk for £4.99 you get al UK land line Calls for free and reduced rates on mobile and international numbers.

I'd keep an eye on our site - www.nildram.net and the ADSL Guide website - www.adslguide.org.uk