PDA

View Full Version : Free Delivery to the Highlands

captain chaos
30-Aug-13, 14:35
Well, what a change... I ordered a fridge freezer from the co-op online and it was delivered on Tuesday as promised totally free and also the day before delivery you get a 1 hour slot in which they deliver. Very polite delivery 2 man team took it in un boxed and took all the rubbish away, couldn't fault them

I then had to order a dishwasher and tried AO.com ( appliances online) to make matters even worse I decided to try and select the "pick up my old one (£9.99) " .They too over excelled themselves, a phone call from customer service to confirm order and asked about access for delivery, etc. Email and text the night before delivery confirming a 4 hour slot, and this morning at 07:30 a call from the driver to say between 12pm and 2pm, at 11am another call from driver, he was ahead of schedule, would I be able to take delivery in 20 mins and not to worry if I couldn't as he would come at the slot if it was inconvenient. The new dishwasher was delivered the old one strapped into the back of the vehicle and they were away. I cannot praise the two guys highly enough.

They were telling me they do this delivery run (Expert Logistics) on a Tuesday and a Friday, leaving Glasgow at 4am!!!, if you order before 10pm on a monday or thursday it will be delivered next day. The lorry was stuffed full of deliveries for caithness.

Both Items delivered free of charge.

Well done to these two companies for not treating us as second class citizens.

One little quirk is that the AO.com website says they don't deliver to the Scottish Highlands, I called them today after the delivery to congratulate them and they will be removing that statement from there website very shortly

Dadie
30-Aug-13, 14:56
We have used Appliances online before.
The fridge freezer died and needed replaced with a similar sized one (big american side by side thing)...their prices were good so I thought we would give them a go.
Their delivery was so good we used them again when the washing machine decided it had enough and refused to be fixable.

RagnarRocks
30-Aug-13, 16:44
I've used appliances online a few times always friendly and helpful lots of information on when your delivery is due they arrive on time and will install some items as well as remove old ones a great all round service

scorrie
31-Aug-13, 13:58
I tried to shop locally but have pretty much given up. It was ridiculous that the local Hydro Electric shop wanted £15 to deliver a cooker to my house when it is in the same town, yet I was able to go onto their website, buy it at the same price and have it delivered from Perth free of charge. That is not giving you any incentive to visit and use the store on the High Street.

I have also used Appliances Online and the staff were top notch giving plenty of information and my delivery details were kept up to speed at every stage and delivery was free on a huge fridge freezer. There was actually a mistake with my delivery on the courier's side, meaning it arrived a day late but I spoke to someone in customer services and they gave me a refund of £25 to make up for the error.

I was talking to a guy in their sales team and mentioned to him that I had been thinking about buying the item from the Boots website but didn't do so because Boots were charging £19.99 for delivery. He informed me that they actually fulfill the orders for electrical goods bought from the Boots website and the only difference is the free delivery from Appliances Online.

They offer a potent combination of keen pricing, free delivery and excellent customer service, something the local Hydro would do well to learn from.