PDA

View Full Version : Trecreeper

Jo.b
04-Feb-07, 10:57
We've just been watching a Treecreeper, its the first time we've seen one, there can't be many about has anyone else seen them in their garden?

catherine nicol
04-Feb-07, 21:42
We've just been watching a Treecreeper, its the first time we've seen one, there can't be many about has anyone else seen them in their garden?

The only place that I have seen treecreepers is in Achvarasdal Woods down near the main entrance to the House.

Where do you live? Is it close to this atall?

Rheghead
04-Feb-07, 22:17

I see treecreepers occasionally in the garden. The secret to finding them is to actually look for them as their gizz is totally unique and will not catch your eye in most cases.

Jo.b
05-Feb-07, 09:32
We stay in Castletown, have some big trees in the garden, at first i thought it was a sparrow, then when i saw the very white underside, i got the book out. I'll keep a look out now, see if it comes back.

Mother Bear
25-Feb-07, 10:34
I have seen one in trees up the drive to Forse House over at Latheron. It is nice to see something a bit different sometimes!

nirofo
25-Feb-07, 18:07

Most of the deciduous type woodlands in Caithness have them, watch for them flitting between trees and running up the trunk, their calls are quite distintive once you have heard and identified them. Here's a photo of a bird with a beak full of insect food.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o71/nirofo/TreeCreeperwithbeakfullofinsects.jpg

nirofo.