PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a 2015 Edinburgh Military Tattoo?

golach
26-Aug-13, 20:31
Just watched the annual showing of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo on BBC tonight, enjoyed it thoroughly as usual, been a few times,worked at it a few times. But a thought has just struck me, will the Independence crowd and Eck allow it if they get in.
This year was a sell out, 21 performances, 7000 seats a show at prices ranging from £24.00 to £54.00 thats a lot of revenue!! Average it out at roughly £30.00 a seat the revenue is nearly half a million. What will happen to this great money earner? Visitors from all over the world come just to see this show that has been on the go for over 60 years. I ask again, what will Eck and his snp separatists replace it with?

Gronnuck
26-Aug-13, 21:04
Well I suppose the show will go on but without the British Army's considerable contribution. I'm sure there will be enough pipe bands to fill any void.

secrets in symmetry
26-Aug-13, 23:35
They have a thick fat ugly bloke in a kilt and a silly hat lined up to replace the current performers.

http://i.imgur.com/nQ8oneq.jpg

Apparently, he smirks and tells lies whilst linedancing ineptly, but there are punters who find this enticing for some bizarre reason....

gerry4
27-Aug-13, 14:48
Of course they won't be one in an Independent Scotland. We will be to poor to stage it, no Scots army & so no solders to appear in it. As we won't be in the Commonwealth no troops from those countries. No people living outside Scotland would want to come because of the borders and custom control. The 7 Horsemen of the Apocalypse will be there though.

Oddquine
27-Aug-13, 20:17
In 2015 we won't be "Independent" and "free" from Westminster...we'll still be negotiating the divorce....but I'd hazard a guess that there won't be, given the current level of Westminster pouting and footstamping up to a year ahead. 2016 may be a different story.

Moira
27-Aug-13, 21:43
If the Edinburgh Military Tatoo fails, you can always visit Wick Gala Week. It never fails to entertain, with a full, varied programme. The Committee have also overcome some great, financial difficulties in recent years..... ;-)

Partan
28-Aug-13, 20:57
Childish, yawn-inducing, monotonous.

They have a thick fat ugly bloke in a kilt and a silly hat lined up to replace the current performers.

http://i.imgur.com/nQ8oneq.jpg

Apparently, he smirks and tells lies whilst linedancing ineptly, but there are punters who find this enticing for some bizarre reason....

golach
28-Aug-13, 22:14
Childish, yawn-inducing, monotonous.

But funny and true

secrets in symmetry
28-Aug-13, 23:24
Childish, yawn-inducing, monotonous.Indeed he is, as are all pompous secessionists. I think the hat fits you even better than it does him. :cool:

secrets in symmetry
28-Aug-13, 23:45
Just watched the annual showing of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo on BBC tonight, enjoyed it thoroughly as usual, been a few times,worked at it a few times. But a thought has just struck me, will the Independence crowd and Eck allow it if they get in.
This year was a sell out, 21 performances, 7000 seats a show at prices ranging from £24.00 to £54.00 thats a lot of revenue!! Average it out at roughly £30.00 a seat the revenue is nearly half a million. What will happen to this great money earner? Visitors from all over the world come just to see this show that has been on the go for over 60 years. I ask again, what will Eck and his snp separatists replace it with?You got your sums wrong golach - your estimated revenue should be nearly 5 million, which is 10 times what you got! :cool:

golach
29-Aug-13, 07:48
You got your sums wrong golach - your estimated revenue should be nearly 5 million, which is 10 times what you got! :cool:

My abacus got stuck, sorry

Partan
29-Aug-13, 14:48
SiS

As someone who was correctly rebuked by this forum for insulting a fellow Orger (one occasion only though that is no excuse) I am disappointed you continue to post serial insults about Alex Salmond. I would have been equally disappointed if the insults were directed at Johann Lamont, Ruth Davidson or Willie Rennie.

May I assume that you consider yourself neither fat nor ugly? Or a liar? If you say so I will have to accept that – unless there is someone out there that knows differently!

Partan (no oil painting)

golach
29-Aug-13, 15:26
I would have been equally disappointed if the insults were directed at Johann Lamont, Ruth Davidson or Willie Rennie.

I have never seen the three you mention dress themselves up and look like a tartan clown, and he is even worse when he is wearing his Rupert the Bear trews. [lol]

secrets in symmetry
29-Aug-13, 23:44
SiS

As someone who was correctly rebuked by this forum for insulting a fellow Orger (one occasion only though that is no excuse) I am disappointed you continue to post serial insults about Alex Salmond. I would have been equally disappointed if the insults were directed at Johann Lamont, Ruth Davidson or Willie Rennie.

May I assume that you consider yourself neither fat nor ugly? Or a liar? If you say so I will have to accept that – unless there is someone out there that knows differently!

Partan (no oil painting)You're disappointed? Lol, I would be too if I hadn't experienced the evident lack of comprehension in your two previous posts.

Just for golach... Here's Ugly Fat Eck dressed as Rupert Bear.

http://i.imgur.com/a6YoX8m.jpg

Partan
30-Aug-13, 06:11
SiS

Lampoonery is an art form delivered with wit and humour. (For example Steven Conley’s cartoons in the Glasgow Herald)

However your posts on this subject are neither funny nor clever.

Indeed they are permeated with hate-filled bile devoid of humour.

Partan

You're disappointed? Lol, I would be too if I hadn't experienced the evident lack of comprehension in your two previous posts.

Just for golach... Here's Ugly Fat Eck dressed as Rupert Bear.

http://i.imgur.com/a6YoX8m.jpg

secrets in symmetry
31-Aug-13, 00:12
Sadly, there are times when a fellow Caithnessian is so lost that it's a kindness to not respond to his misunderstandings.