PDA

View Full Version : Luggage labels?

cazmanian_minx
26-Aug-13, 18:41
Does anywhere in Thurso or Wick sell luggage tags? We've just realised that because our holiday is e-ticketed, we're not going to get free ones from the travel agent! I've been looking online, but they're all either 5 working days for delivery, which will be too late, or want £7 to send two tags by first class post.

We can probably get them at the airport if desperate, but I'd rather get it sorted out in advance just in case there's a delay on the road somewhere.

orkneycadian
26-Aug-13, 19:09
As well as you being e-ticketed, your baggae is e-tagged. A scan of the barcode stuff on it will tell anyone all they need to know to get it back to you. And with the sticky stuff they use to join them together, your bag will probably succumb to being run over by a baggage truck before the tag does!

You can get tags at the airports, but in reality, no-one in the world of baggage handling will every likely look at them. If it makes you feel better, stick an airport one on.

cazmanian_minx
26-Aug-13, 20:46
Thanks, I'll cross that off my list then :)

pat
26-Aug-13, 21:18
I always have those labels many charities send with your name and address and put several over the suitcases and bags - usually put some in positions where they will not get ripped off, by the wheels, inside, under the handles, on the luggage label place so if luggage does disappear it does usually turn up. Failing that cut two pieces of paper and stick them together then punch a hole in one end and tie to luggage - laminate if you feel it needs to be stronger.

ducati
26-Aug-13, 22:00
I never bother. When I get to the carousel first I just grab any bag that takes my fancy. This has produced to some interesting holiday 'fashion statements' but it does save all the hassle of packing.