PDA

View Full Version : Tesco.com shopping in Caithness

mccaugm
31-Jan-07, 10:13
I was led to believe that Tesco were starting deliveries this week, they advertised that they were starting at the end of January. Went online to order my groceries to no avail.

Checked with customer services who now state that the date has been put back to the 16th of February....don't remember seeing that noted in the local paper or in the store.

Any Tesco employees know what caused the delay - was so looking forward to getting my weekends back....

maidencaithness
31-Jan-07, 10:33
I was led to believe that Tesco were starting deliveries this week, they advertised that they were starting at the end of January. Went online to order my groceries to no avail.

Checked with customer services who now state that the date has been put back to the 16th of February....don't remember seeing that noted in the local paper or in the store.

Any Tesco employees know what caused the delay - was so looking forward to getting my weekends back....

Had 3 delivery trucks parked there yesterday maybe waiting till they bring their fuel prices down to a reasonable level before starting [lol]

Billy Boy
31-Jan-07, 10:40

lol, how long does it take you to do your shopping........a hole weekend:eek:

i hope you dont take your hubby with you.....if you do he has my sympathys[lol]

Niall Fernie
31-Jan-07, 11:45
Training for Dot Com starts on Monday so I would expect deliveries to start the following week or shortly after.

Jeid
31-Jan-07, 12:21
I can't wait... I hate shopping

footie chick
31-Jan-07, 12:23
I can't wait... I hate shopping

Me too, plus might be able to get a weeks grocery shopping without all the extras!

dozerboy
31-Jan-07, 13:56
I use Tesco's online service for the weekly shopping - excellent. Delivered to your door temperature controlled, picked, packed etc. They take back used bags, substitute items which are unavailable, and very good fruit and veg. Used to take the bulk of a Saturday morning, by the time you get to the store, do the shop, unload trolley to pay, load it again, unload into the car, drive home, unload into the house, load into cupboards.....................

The home delivery service is chaeper now (at certain times of the week) than it was over 5 years ago. It used to be a blanket £5 for any delivery slot, now some are as cheap as £3.50. Excellent value in my book, and gives me more precious time at the weekend with my family.

I hope it start in Wick for you all soon.

emszxr
31-Jan-07, 14:14
what area are they doing, bet i am too far away. i hate shopping too. :~(:mad:

Jeid
31-Jan-07, 14:28
I just can't stand trying to get past people in the shop. It's a supermarket. Not a social club. They have a coffee shop if you want to talk. Go there. I get so frustrated by slow people in the shop. grr!

Delivered to my door would be superb. Plus, Tesco keep a copy of your last weeks shopping so you can order the same things, or add/remove as you please.

I think you might just be out of reach emszxr

MagicalTrevor
31-Jan-07, 14:31
The delivery service in Edinburgh is pretty crap to be honest, at least when it comes to Fruit and Veg. They always give you the stuff thats outofdate(ish). Its much better going to the store to pick the veg that you know is the better quality.

Otherwise for non-perishables its pretty grand ;)

Angela
31-Jan-07, 14:42
The delivery service in Edinburgh is pretty crap to be honest, at least when it comes to Fruit and Veg. They always give you the stuff thats outofdate(ish). Its much better going to the store to pick the veg that you know is the better quality.

Otherwise for non-perishables its pretty grand ;)

I must be lucky in my area with the fruit and veg, they always have long sell-by dates. I'd usually expect to pick up a bit extra, as well as maybe some bread/rolls/cakes during the week though (not necessarily from Tesco!).

The best thing is that you don't have to go into the store for the big, heavy, boring staple stuff!

£3.99 delivery charge where I am on Tuesdays & Wednesdays (the cheapest days) :D

emszxr
31-Jan-07, 14:52
I just can't stand trying to get past people in the shop. It's a supermarket. Not a social club. They have a coffee shop if you want to talk. Go there. I get so frustrated by slow people in the shop. grr!

Delivered to my door would be superb. Plus, Tesco keep a copy of your last weeks shopping so you can order the same things, or add/remove as you please.

I think you might just be out of reach emszxr

i think i might be too, but waiting to hear if asda is going to get the go-ahead for tain.

i completely agree with you about the chatterboxes taking up whole aisles gassing. no wonder i get trolley rage

henry20
31-Jan-07, 14:55
i think i might be too, but waiting to hear if asda is going to get the go-ahead for tain.

i completely agree with you about the chatterboxes taking up whole aisles gassing. no wonder i get trolley rage

And boy does she get trolley rage :lol: ;)

sam
31-Jan-07, 19:58
I cant wait for the home deliveries, i reckon i will save a fortune,:D which can only be a good thing

ett23
31-Jan-07, 21:15
As long as the delivery system is up & running by June when we move up - I'll be very happy! Always been perfectly satisfied with my fruit & veg picked from Dingwall tesco. No probs here!:lol:

Moira
31-Jan-07, 22:14
what area are they doing, bet i am too far away. i hate shopping too.

I think the Tesco Store, Wick on-line shopping service mentioned a 25-mile radius somewhere along the line - but don't quote me. Maybe you could arrange something with some of your Caithness.org friends to ensure you could order on-line & get your shopping the same day - just a thought :)

Personally, I don't mind the shopping so much - although somedays I have to pysche myself up to actually do it. I loathe the part when you've lugged it all in from the car & then have to put it away - I'd readily pay someone a fiver to do that bit. Anyone else for a Tesco "putting away the shopping service" ?

mccaugm
31-Jan-07, 22:46
As long as the delivery system is up & running by June when we move up - I'll be very happy! Always been perfectly satisfied with my fruit & veg picked from Dingwall tesco. No probs here!:lol:

I came up here from Ross-Shire 15 months ago and I too LOVED Tesco deliveries , delivery blokes (& occasionally ladies) were lovely and so very helpful..... was ecstatic when I was told we were getting Tesco here...wish they would hurry up with their deliveries.

compo
03-Feb-07, 21:07
any one know when this gets underway here in caithness..??

mccaugm
03-Feb-07, 23:49

If your referring to Tesco its the 16th of February....if I remember correctly?

Moira
04-Feb-07, 01:35

I've merged your question into a previous thread here. Hope this helps

Rheghead
04-Feb-07, 03:36
I believe that Reay is just outside Tesco's 25 mile delivery radius. Hmm, if those rigs are within the 25 mile radius then I will be seriously miffed...:(

Metalattakk
13-Feb-07, 22:02
I believe that Reay is just outside Tesco's 25 mile delivery radius. Hmm, if those rigs are within the 25 mile radius then I will be seriously miffed...

Then you'll be chuffed to hear that the driver who delivered our messages at 5pm tonight told me that their 25-mile radius has been increased to 40 miles.

Two deliveries were/are planned for Reay tonight, and they have already delivered to as far south as Helmsdale.

A nice fuss-free delivery too, right in the middle of our designated time-slot. Even the 'use-by' dates were acceptable (bread was the 17th and the milk was 22nd). Can't complain about anything to be honest. :)

Mind you, it just doesn't feel right to have the cupboards full without a trip to the shops first. [lol]

south view 7
13-Feb-07, 22:22
i got an email from tesco telling me tesco.com started in wick today.

emszxr
13-Feb-07, 23:09
ale, helmsdale, i aint that far from there, boo hoo. so close but so far

Niall Fernie
14-Feb-07, 11:13
Best way to find out if you can get your shopping delivered is to register on the Tesco site (http://www.tesco.com). The site should tell you right away if you can receive deliveries. From what I can see you can also add in alternative addresses so you may be able to get shopping delivered to friends/family who are within the area and you could pick it up there. I'm sure an e-mail to tesco would confirm this (or not).

mccaugm
14-Feb-07, 15:49
:eek: Well as this was started as a gripe by me, can I state that I have ordered my Tesco shopping as of last night...and await delivery at lunchtime on Friday. Heres hoping all goes well.

P.S. Happy Valentines Day to one and all....
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:sFBxIN4IVYFJ-M:http://web1.msue.msu.edu/cyf/youth/downloads/Graphics/BitmapImages/WebResColor/Heart-clr-Web.gif (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://web1.msue.msu.edu/cyf/youth/downloads/Graphics/BitmapImages/WebResColor/Heart-clr-Web.gif&imgrefurl=http://web1.msue.msu.edu/cyf/youth/downloads/&h=174&w=182&sz=11&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=sFBxIN4IVYFJ-M:&tbnh=97&tbnw=101&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dheart%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG )

Alli
14-Feb-07, 18:44
I ordered my shopping last nite and it was with me today as requested between 10am &12 noon. The delivery chap cleaned his feet on the way in both trips,(I was delighted) took my shopping out of the crates and set it all tidy on the kitchen table. He advised me to check everything was there and if I had any problems to let them know. Happy to report no problems, all fresh produce very good quality, and nothing damaged. I will definately use this service again. Only gripe it that you can't get every item they stock.ie some of the kids mags etc. Think this will be of great benefit to those who are housebound and cannont get out to do shopping. They didn't have one size of cheese I requested but they put a larger one in which wasn't a problem for me.
When ordering I was also advised through a pop up that the strawberries, blackberries and blueberries had a short shelf date. Overall 10/10

KCI
14-Feb-07, 19:13
I had my shopping delivered today - brilliant! The only problem was that the delivery man arrived 10 mins earlier, so I wasn't organised! But he kept saying he was sorry, so I forgave him! LOL.

Everything I ordered was there, so no probs. The delivery man was very nice, very friendly and very helpful. He offered to help me put all my shopping away, spoke to the kids and told me to get in touch if there were any probs.

I can relax now, knowing that I don't have to deal with any more temper tantrums from hubby and son while I am trying to get my shopping. Bliss! :lol:

Working Mum
14-Feb-07, 20:49
I had shopping delivered to Thurso yersterday and was very impressed with the service. All goods were carried into the kitchen and unpacked individually. All items had long 'sell-by' dates. For £3.99 this has to be a good deal - no time to go through to Wick, no petrol used and no lugging shopping to and from the car! Will definitely use this service regularly.:D

jinglejangle
15-Feb-07, 14:22
maybe the driver is hoping to be entered into driver of the year! saw this on the tesco website.

http://www.tesco.com/driveroftheyear/

mccaugm
16-Feb-07, 18:16
:Razz Well having used this service in Ross-Shire and trying it for the first time from Wick I am still impressed. Tiny error in the order..(not delivery chaps fault) .which was rectified straight away...driver, polite and helpful. Cannot wait to order again. First Class service. Keep it up Tesco...

dragonfly
16-Feb-07, 18:33
my order has only 35 more mins before it arrives late! had it booked for delivery between 4 - 6pm so hope he makes it!

9/10 delivered 15 mins ago, only thing missing was hubby's beer (what a shame!)

Rheghead
16-Feb-07, 18:51
One of the drivers of the Tesco van is actually a well known orger, I'm not telling who though!;)

sharon
16-Feb-07, 21:55
Mind you, it just doesn't feel right to have the cupboards full without a trip to the shops first. [lol]

it will save your wifes poor legs and arms not having to go shopping you mean!!! [lol]

footie chick
16-Feb-07, 21:57
Wish I'd ordered shopping online might have saved some money needed petrol so drove there to get cheap petrol?:confused Cost me a fortune

Metalattakk
17-Feb-07, 00:59
it will save your wifes poor legs and arms not having to go shopping you mean!!! [lol]

And she's happier than I am about the whole arrangement, trust me!

(No doubt you'll have heard already....:))

marlyn
19-Feb-07, 15:55
Just had my delivery this afternoon, perfectly on time and no shopping missing at all. Driver was really nice and friendly, shopping put straight onto worktop, I had some of it put away before he had even finished taking all of it in from the van. Living in Thurso I definitely saved some money by not going all the way to Wick, also did not fill up the trolley with stuff I don't really need, so I reckon that I probably saved about £40 !

If you visit the website www.moneysavingexpert.com you can find discount codes on there to save you a bit more cash, I got £5 off because my shopping was more than £50, so effectively my delivery was free.

Will definitely be getting my shopping delivered on a regular basis, the thought of not taking the kids to the supermarket is just too appealing. LOL