PDA

View Full Version : Where do you want the caithness.orgy to take place?

Rheghead
10-Mar-05, 14:23
Some weeks ago I suggested having a get-together over a dram for members of caithness.org, ie an 'eyeball' in CB slang. There has been some interest, so I have suggested Saturday afternoon on the 26thMarch 3pm to 5pm. (Easter Saturday). But obviously location will be a big problem for our 'Expat members' but I do hope they will come home for Easter :o) . So please take part in my poll to decide a location, either Wick or Thurso, any suggestions for pub? I suggest Weatherspoons in Wick because of the size and smoking policy. And the British legion for a Thurso do?

My other suggestion is that we display our Member names clearly.

golach
10-Mar-05, 14:49
Rheghead, where is the option "I would love to come but sorry I cannot make it"

Golach

Rheghead
10-Mar-05, 15:17
Golach, you wil have to vote for 'too bad it is inconvenient' that way you have expressed an interest in any future meets?

jjc
10-Mar-05, 15:18
Or the ' I can only come along if it is in Glasgow.' option?

Rheghead
10-Mar-05, 15:20
Or the ' I can only come along if it is in Glasgow.' option?

Rotten Southerner!! :D

ŠAmethyst
10-Mar-05, 15:39
If Thurso there are far better venues than the Legion! Personally I think 'hijacking' a couple of tables in the Commercial bar would make for a more enjoyable night of drinking and laughter!

But what I want to know is if we'll be making a night of it?

Alexander Rowe
10-Mar-05, 15:54
An orgy of what? Its getting more like a swingers website everyday on here.
:eek:

Lets invite Herbie Lyall, Prince Charles and the Birmigham Six and make it really interesting.

Rheghead
10-Mar-05, 15:57
Herbie might but the others probably cant make it.

squidge
10-Mar-05, 17:08
I can come but would prefer wick

Will be sure to turn up though. Its my wee boys birthday that day but he can go spend the time with his dad so he will be happy

Mr P Cannop
10-Mar-05, 17:31
could it be made for some other date ??

doreenhedgehog
10-Mar-05, 17:31
Will everybody have to display their username, and if so will we all have to change them to something else immediately afterwards??

brandy
10-Mar-05, 17:37
:~( hubby is working that night so no one to keep the babies! *grrr* but would love to come

squidge
10-Mar-05, 17:44
didnt you say 3pm til 5pm?

weeboyagee
10-Mar-05, 18:48
Sorry - in Tralee!!! What about having it over there??? C'mon Rheghead, bring yer flag as well!

Highland Laddie
10-Mar-05, 20:59
didnt you say 3pm til 5pm?

Nah, 3pm to 5pm at desired venue
then 5pm to throwing out time at Rhegheads house :D

~~Tides~~
10-Mar-05, 21:59
Im am going to come, just not with a name tag on. Ill find out who you all are then sneak out. Haha! :evil

champagnebaby
11-Mar-05, 00:46
Im am going to come, just not with a name tag on. Ill find out who you all are then sneak out. Haha! :evil

I was planning the same - just to be nosey, LOL :p

lassieinfife
11-Mar-05, 01:21
boo hoo I' m [mad] stuck in Fife [not a fifer either:lol: so :evil and lang spoon dont apply] but would still love loved to have met you all........one day i will visit and expect to meet you all ......... is it ok that i'm eeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr teatotal????????????? :Razz :p

Rheghead
11-Mar-05, 01:33
To break the ice if everyone turns up pretty prompt, I could run a wee local knowlege quiz? I set quizzes regularly in my local pub.

champagnebaby
11-Mar-05, 02:08
Hope its nowt like the quizzes you posted on here - they're bonnie n difficult!

Well for me anyway :D

Zael
11-Mar-05, 10:11
The quiz is a great idea IF you allow us to bring laptops and mobile connections for googling up the answers :)

Julia
11-Mar-05, 10:58
Sounds like a good idea, count me in!

Rheghead
11-Mar-05, 12:48
The quiz is a great idea IF you allow us to bring laptops and mobile connections for googling up the answers :)

I will make it pub-friendly, don't go by my quiz on here a few weelks ago, it was done that way to confound googlers. :lol:

Rheghead
11-Mar-05, 13:12
Will everybody have to display their username, and if so will we all have to change them to something else immediately afterwards??

Is that because yours is in any way misleading? :roll:

golach
11-Mar-05, 14:41
....... is it ok that i'm eeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr teatotal????????????? :Razz :p

Lassieinfife, that is ok I am TT also, Teachers & Tennants [lol]

lassieinfife
11-Mar-05, 14:44
Yuck !!!!! :p drain cleaners lol [lol]

~~Tides~~
11-Mar-05, 17:39
break the ice

Lar buuy, I'll break yer jaw! [mad]

katarina
13-Mar-05, 09:12
Are the moderators coming? I don't want to risk being deleted if I let a wee swearie slip out!

Rheghead
13-Mar-05, 13:18
I have put a wee quiz together (with a little bit of help) so all i have got to do is check with Wetherspoons on the date and time. Bring a pen if you want to do a quiz!!

fred
15-Mar-05, 19:02
boo hoo I' m [mad] stuck in Fife [not a fifer either:lol: so :evil and lang spoon dont apply] but would still love loved to have met you all........one day i will visit and expect to meet you all ......... is it ok that i'm eeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr teatotal????????????? :Razz :p

Well at least you can admit to it, that's the first step on the road to recovery.

Rheghead
15-Mar-05, 19:56
Does anybody have a telephone number for wetherspoons as they don't appear to be in my phone book :confused

lassieinfife
15-Mar-05, 19:59
lol Fred i'm tea total from choise.... I get into enough trouble sober :confused :Razz dread to think what i would be drunk :evil

brandy
15-Mar-05, 21:08
01955 609920
there you go.. hope that helps

Rheghead
15-Mar-05, 21:38
Thanks brandy, I have been in touch with wetherspoons and they say it is ok to meet @ 3 pm on Saturday 26th March as their meals are largely done by then. They will set aside some tables and chairs if necessary.

I hope everyone that voted will go as planned, I dont want to be sat there like a lemon...

champagnebaby
21-Mar-05, 22:06
So is everyone still on for Saturday? I'm hoping to put an appearance in bout 4:30ish :D

Rheghead
21-Mar-05, 23:15
Aye, I will be there. It may be handy if we have a homemade badge with our names on.

champagnebaby
22-Mar-05, 02:21
Awww you worried bout bein left sittin on your own rheggie?? lol Could always post a photo o yoursell on here then we'll know what you look like and to come to your table :D

Is Bill going cos he's the only one who doesn't have a username i'd recognise anyway. So point taken bout badges but i don't want to walk in like a cul with champagnebaby on my jacket.

Julia
22-Mar-05, 09:52
Weatherspoons may well be quite busy on Saturday, how will we know where anyone is, don't want to have to go over to everybody asking is this 'the orgy'? LOL

Rheghead
22-Mar-05, 10:35
The mannie from Weatherspoons said it won't be too stoud out tween 3 & 5ish so will be comfortable for a blether. I am coming from Reay so if I am gonna have a wee dram then i had better catch the bus there and back. Well to Thirsa anyway and a taxi back.

You are coming aren't you? [para] :)

Julia
22-Mar-05, 11:56
I'm definitely coming along... any idea how many will be attending?

Rheghead
22-Mar-05, 12:06
Dunno, I am just hoping that those that voted for Wick or were coming anyway are actually coming along. Those that thought it was a silly idea are not coming i guess, we don't want any aggro. :)

So 17 voted to come, experience tells me that we will be lucky to get half that. We can live in hope though? It promises to be a good hoot.

squidge
22-Mar-05, 12:44
Im coming

Here is my picture

:D

Drutt
22-Mar-05, 13:02
Squidge, quick - make another post! That was post 666!

squidge
22-Mar-05, 13:30
phew - done!!!! :eek:

Rheghead
26-Mar-05, 12:53
A Reminder, See you all in weatherspoons this afternoon @ 3pm. [para] :o)

champagnebaby
26-Mar-05, 15:39
I canna make it now :(

Rheghead
26-Mar-05, 19:08
Thank you for the blether. It was a good crack. It was a pity squidge missed our table until it was too late. I am glad Bill Fernie gave to gathering the official stamp. :)

Julia
26-Mar-05, 20:55
A good time was had by all.... :Razz

~~Tides~~
26-Mar-05, 22:21
Exept me, i thought it was rubbish.

lassieinfife
27-Mar-05, 10:51
well i hope that everyone else had a good time tides...........i would loved to have been there :~(

Rheghead
27-Mar-05, 13:52
Exept me, i thought it was rubbish.

Just because you didn't win the quiz!

fred
27-Mar-05, 18:38
Thank you for the blether. It was a good crack. It was a pity squidge missed our table until it was too late. I am glad Bill Fernie gave to gathering the official stamp. :)

So are you Dale or the Silversurfer?

ŠAmethyst
27-Mar-05, 19:50
yeh, me sorry me missed it... hat a friend from america visiting the area - she was one of them that were singing in halkirk yesterday.

and muggins here ended up walking around the festival (and later skinandi's) draped in a tennessee flag trying to sell cd's for friend's parents band... was fun tho.

Wizzbang
28-Mar-05, 08:28
Well Im off to the com in Thurso when I get from here (Nigeria)

Happy Easter all

bigjjuk
28-Mar-05, 19:30
damn i missed the caithness .org booze up

lassieinfife
28-Mar-05, 20:58
well I never a male missed a boozeup ...... come on big keep up :lol: :roll:

Elenna
28-Mar-05, 21:34
[lol] [lol]

Well, I had a nice time just chatting and getting to know people a little bit. It's great to be able to put faces to the names when I see the posts on here, too. :)

Elenna