PDA

View Full Version : Bradley Manning

ducati
21-Aug-13, 16:44
To be incarcerated for all eternity. You hippy types will no doubt think this is a bad thing. I unfashionably think it is just and proper and as soon as Julian whatshisface joins him the better.

Kodiak
21-Aug-13, 17:04
Deleted.................

ducati
21-Aug-13, 17:17
I don't see why that would be distasteful. If the subject were US citizen and had stolen secret UK documents we would be baying for blood.

Hippy types are the ones that say "waley waley the mercins are stealing our freedom".

(I told you I was unfashionable).

As I pressed the submit button for this post I lost the connection to the org. My network and broadband were OK and Microsoft was unable to diagnose the problem. :eek:

Kodiak
21-Aug-13, 17:32
Deleted...........

cptdodger
21-Aug-13, 18:00
What I find very distasteful about this episode is that a British Civilian was tried and sentenced by an American Military Court.

Unless you are talking about somebody else, Bradley Manning was born in Oklahoma in 1987, his mother was or is Welsh, and his father American. I think that makes him American, and from what I understand he will be dishonorably discharged from the army, so I do'nt think he is classed as a civilian either.

George Brims
21-Aug-13, 18:32
A little perspective folks. Manning is 25 years old. He was sentenced to 35 years, and can be paroled after one third of that sentence. He is also getting credit for time served for the ridiculous time it's taken to get him to trial. So he *could* be out in about nine years.

Rheghead
21-Aug-13, 21:01
You hippy types will no doubt think this is a bad thing.

And you ate breakfast 200 yards from people who were trained to kill you. We need you on that wall to defend us hippies, that is why you think the way that you do.

ducati
21-Aug-13, 21:58
And you ate breakfast 200 yards from people who were trained to kill you. We need you on that wall to defend us hippies, that is why you think the way that you do.

I'm sure that must have made sense in your head, but it did not make it through the keys. :confused

Rheghead
21-Aug-13, 22:08
I'm sure that must have made sense in your head, but it did not make it through the keys. :confused

So you didn't understand it. Not my problem. Some people are not to reason why.

ducati
21-Aug-13, 23:21
So you didn't understand it. Not my problem. Some people are not to reason why.

Presumably a quote. Lost on me I'm afraid. I'll tell you why I think certain people 'think the way they do';

Either, their lives are so perfect in every way that they have to look for other things to worry about, or, their lives suck and they have to look for someone else to blame.

secrets in symmetry
22-Aug-13, 10:29
To be incarcerated for all eternity. You hippy types will no doubt think this is a bad thing. I unfashionably think it is just and proper and as soon as Julian whatshisface joins him the better.I think it's a terrible thing.

And what a comedown for the man. This time last year, he was being sanctified for winning the Tour de France and a gold medal at London 2012....