PDA

View Full Version : Advice please...

Lou18
10-Mar-05, 10:06
After reading the forum on shopping locally it made me think about clothes, I need to find an evening dress (think wedding dance....) for 2 weeks time (so I'm not keen to go through the catalogues).

I'm 21 so tend to go through to Inverness and do a blitz on clothes shopping a couple of times a year but don't have time to do this this time!

Is there anywhere locally that sells these things? The only place I can think of is Mcallan's and thats a no-go for dresses...

stixie
10-Mar-05, 10:17
Hiya

Not too sure about shops in the area but have you ever tried www.asos.com
They have a good selection, have always delivered to me within two days, free p&p over twenty pounds and return goods no problem. You might'nt find anything suitable on the site, but its worth a try.

katarina
10-Mar-05, 10:44
you can access most big stores on the internet and they usually are pretty good at delivery. In wick you can go unpstairs from Gunn's shoe shop - I don't know if they've got anything trendy, but I've found a few surprisingly nice things over the years.

The Angel Of Death
10-Mar-05, 10:46
What about the shop above guns shoe shop in wick the other half always though it was an "oldies" shop but found some nice dresses in there as well as potential bridesmade dresses as well

champagnebaby
11-Mar-05, 02:29
What about getting Gail from above Elizabeths to make you one, dunno how busy she is but they've usually got nice material in the shop and i've seen some of the ones she's made before.

Not sure how this would be price wise though :confused

Oh well reading this thread http://www.caithness.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7633 it seems she's usually fully booked

Fran
13-Mar-05, 04:18
How about the ladies clothes shop opposite the royal Hotel and elizabeths shop, both thurso

dirdyweeker
13-Mar-05, 06:33
try e-bay. i bought my daughters designer dress very reasonably there with no problems. The choice is phenominal.