PDA

View Full Version : Maggie Anns Restaurant, mmmmm delicious

catherine nicol
03-Feb-07, 00:59
Have you tried Maggie Ann's new restaurant in Thurso?

NO... ......well you don't know what you are missing.

Myself and my friend were there tonight and it was fantastic.

The food was excellent quality and the presentation superb. The surroundings are really nice and so comfortable. We had a fantastic meal and the crack was brilliant too, thank you very much.

Ann you are a scream and it was a pleasure meeting you tonight. :lol:

I will certainly be back........ssshhh don't tell that I had the sticky toffee pudding and ice cream to finish............heaven on a plate. It looked too good to eat........but.........what the hec, I ate it anyway, yummy yummy.

I will now be pestering all my friends to try your restaurant for themselves. As they say the proof of the pudding is in the eating !!! and we all love pudding !!!

I hope that your Valentines meals are a hit with the Thurso romantics and I for one would like to wish you all the best for the future.

I can't wait until my next visit, might even see you tomorrow, now there's a plan.........;)

Thanks again for a great evening.

Catherine x

ps

For those of you who prefer to quantity to quality..........you certainly won't be disappointed there either..........this place satisfies both the 'Quality and Quantity' aspects that I see people debating on Caithness.org and if you don't believe me try for yourselves.

Moira
03-Feb-07, 01:08
Catherine - there's nothing worse than half a story - where about in Thurso is Maggie Ann's? Or maybe your real plan is to keep it a secret so that you'll always get a table ;)

catherine nicol
03-Feb-07, 01:18
Catherine - there's nothing worse than half a story - where about in Thurso is Maggie Ann's? Or maybe your real plan is to keep it a secret so that you'll always get a table ;)

Now there's an idea Moira, ha ha.

It is on the main street up past the Pentand Hotel opposite Bews the Butchers and before Buds n Blooms the Florists. It was previously Autoparts, the 88 Chinese takeaway is across the road and Cardosis sweetie shop is just up from it. They also own the chip shop next door and I've heard good reports about the chip shop too.

(How's that for advertising a lot of local shops in one thread? That'll be me ok for free butcher meat, chinese food, sweeties, flowers and new brake pads for next week !)

This place really isn't good for a girls diet..........but what the hec !

Sticky Toffe Pudding, Sticky Toffe Pudding, Sticky Toffe Pudding

I will be going to bed tonight scheming how many hours I will have to do on the treadmill to earn my next portion [lol]

Enjoy.......I did.

catherine nicol
03-Feb-07, 01:21
Maggie Ann's is also licensed so you can have a tipple with your dinn dinns too.

It just gets better and better :Razz

'Sticky Toffee Pudding, Sticky Toffee Pudding, Sticky Toffee Pudding'

[lol]

I wonder if Ann makes a mean cheesecake..........let me know if you have tried and tested her cheesecakes........PLEASE..

Moira
03-Feb-07, 02:03
Thanks for that Catherine - sounds good. I'll be concentrating on the starters though - I'm not a "sweet" person as any of my friends will tell you :)

DarkAngel
04-Feb-07, 00:41
That sounds good..I must give it a try sometime!

Wat are the pricess like?

catherine nicol
04-Feb-07, 09:06
That sounds good..I must give it a try sometime!

Wat are the pricess like?

We paid £26 for 2 adult evening meals, 2 courses, large white wine and a diet coke.

Main course came with separate serving dish of chips, separate serving dish of 3 types of vegetables and a separate serving dish of boiled potatoes.

Main course and sweets were very well presented and need I say....delicious...mmmm.

I have to confess about having reservations about visiting initially with it being next door to a chip shop, I half expected menu to reflect chip shop menu but it certainly did not.

The service, surroundings, quality of food and presentaion were very reflective of a very high class restaurant.

It certainly ticked all my boxes for an impressive meal.

I hope that you enjoy when you visit.

catherine nicol
04-Feb-07, 09:15
The menus are to be renewed monthly with periodic special occasions on top of that.

I think that the restaurant is open all day with a day time snack / lunch menu available all day and there are early evening and dinner menus as well.

Our evening menu had a great selection of main courses - gammon and pineapple, steak pie, scampi, cayjan butterfly chicken breast, sirloin steak to name but a few.

Gammon and Pineapple was £6odds
Cayjan Chicken Breast was £7odds
Sirloin Steak was £12.00

Excellent value for money.

DarkAngel
04-Feb-07, 12:01
Thats very reasonable..I think i will give it a try sometime! :)