PDA

View Full Version : Police target speeding cars.

rich62_uk
19-Aug-13, 22:22
Donaldson's Diary has this as one of his posts. I wonder why they feel the need to warn drivers ?

POLICE Scotland Highland and Islands Division will be targeting speeding motorists around the region's roads for the next fortnight to ensure the safety of all school attendees and encourage motorists to drive at lesser speeds.
The division-wide initiative will focus on all primary and secondary schools from tomorrow until next Friday, particularly in areas where those attending are known to walk to and from school.
Police are keen to remind motorists of the 20mph restriction that is in place around most schools in built-up areas and those caught driving above this could face being issued with a Fixed Penalty Notice or even be reported to the Procurator Fiscal, depending on the circumstances.
Divisional Road Policing Inspector Neil Lumsden said: "During the first two weeks of schools going back we will be targeting those who choose to drive at speed close to schools in order to ensure the safety of all those attending. This is for the primary purpose of keeping people, most importantly our children, safe."
He continued: "I would like to ask that those driving in the vicinity of schools be aware not only of their speed but also of their surroundings, not just in the next two weeks, but throughout the whole school year."
Routine speed checks will continue across the area throughout the school year on conclusion of this high visibility initiative.

golach
19-Aug-13, 22:28
The police have warn them, or they would be accused of infringing speeding drivers human rights, sad world we live in.

sids
19-Aug-13, 22:36
The police have warn them, or they would be accused of infringing speeding drivers human rights, sad world we live in.

You made that rubbish up, didn't you?

golach
19-Aug-13, 22:41
You made that rubbish up, didn't you?

How did you guess??? [lol]

Rheghead
19-Aug-13, 23:22
Donaldson's Diary has this as one of his posts. I wonder why they feel the need to warn drivers ?

The answer is pretty simple really. A police officer's duty to prevent crime has a higher priority than a duty to prosecute offenders.

mi16
20-Aug-13, 11:01
we are also warned of the location of speed camera vans on a weekly basis, I cant see the issue with it all.

rich62_uk
20-Aug-13, 12:17
If drivers are warned then they will dodge the traps so as not to get caught which will not teach them to slow down. If they get points and a fine it hurts and will hopefully make them reduce their speed everywhere all the time saving lives.

mi16
20-Aug-13, 12:47
If drivers are warned then they will dodge the traps so as not to get caught which will not teach them to slow down. If they get points and a fine it hurts and will hopefully make them reduce their speed everywhere all the time saving lives.

You dont seriously think that speed traps are about saving lives do you?

rich62_uk
20-Aug-13, 12:53
Partly that and partly for funds I am not stupid, however if good can come out of it then I do not have a problem with it.

mi16
20-Aug-13, 12:58
if it saves a life then great, I wonder how many have been run down in the 20mph zones in recent years?

rich62_uk
20-Aug-13, 13:02
What we do not know is how many more lives would of been lost without the speed traps and cameras in the 20 mph zones.

mi16
20-Aug-13, 13:07
What we do not know is how many more lives would of been lost without the speed traps and cameras in the 20 mph zones.

Well we could take the statistics from the previous 50 years before the 20mph restriction was in place and take that as a pretty well researched average.

rich62_uk
20-Aug-13, 13:24
Not really as there are more cars on the road now and there would be so many influences on the results that you could well end up with a spurious correlation.

mi16
20-Aug-13, 13:38
Not really as there are more cars on the road now and there would be so many influences on the results that you could well end up with a spurious correlation.

Make it 25 years then and still a good timespan

ducati
20-Aug-13, 14:51
Even with prior warning, the speed traps are doing a roaring trade so a double bonus of catching speeders and stupid people. :lol:

So if you've been caught in the last few days, I'm afraid you are too stupid to drive so just hand your car keys over at the nearest police station and we will all be much safer.

mi16
20-Aug-13, 15:00
Even with prior warning, the speed traps are doing a roaring trade so a double bonus of catching speeders and stupid people. :lol:

So if you've been caught in the last few days, I'm afraid you are too stupid to drive so just hand your car keys over at the nearest police station and we will all be much safer.

And the coffers will be poorer

George Brims
20-Aug-13, 18:09
Warning of a "blitz" on speeding or some other misbehaviour usually has an effect even where they aren't actually doing it. They might be twenty miles away with their wee radar thingy but you can't be sure can you?

vwfoxsale
28-Oct-13, 19:02
They should be targeting the retards in the little womens cars who speed around the breaker in Thurso.The noise go,s on and on with the exhuast systems they have fitted.The poor folk who live on their circuit.

mi16
28-Oct-13, 19:20
They should be targeting the retards in the little womens cars who speed around the breaker in Thurso.The noise go,s on and on with the exhuast systems they have fitted.The poor folk who live on their circuit.why only mentally disabled people driving vehicles owned by women?

almo
29-Oct-13, 00:11

If I get caught speeding it's because I'm not observant. I've not been stupid enough to read the press for many a year!

ducati
29-Oct-13, 00:30
If I get caught speeding it's because I'm not observant. I've not been stupid enough to read the press for many a year!

I can't decide what is more worrying, stupidity or a lack of observation while driving. In fact, what are you doing if not looking through the windscreen? :eek:

luskentyre
30-Oct-13, 23:47

And the coffers will be poorer

mi16 - why do you feel the need to defend those who break speed limits?

RagnarRocks
31-Oct-13, 08:40
There are no defences for speeding the limits are a maximum, all the debate is about is arguining for the sake of it or delusions of grandeur that you're above the law. Now I can sit back and wait for the first delusional egomaniac to try and justify why it's ok to speed and endanger other people's lives.

mi16
31-Oct-13, 17:00
mi16 - why do you feel the need to defend those who break speed limits?When did I do that?

barmar62
31-Oct-13, 20:27
Its got nothing to do with being above the law, its all about freedom of choice, You have a choice weather or not to obay the rules and presumable accept the consiquences of your actions.

ducati
31-Oct-13, 21:37
Its got nothing to do with being above the law, its all about freedom of choice, You have a choice weather or not to obay the rules and presumable accept the consiquences of your actions.

Think of that next time someone nicks your telly.

RagnarRocks
31-Oct-13, 21:43
Think of that next time someone nicks your telly.

dont worry Ducati with spelling like that I'd be amazed if they could pass their test let alone drive I've heard it gets difficult with your knuckles dragging on the floor

_Ju_
01-Nov-13, 00:35

The problem with your logic is that the consequences of dangerous driving all to often end the lives of people whose choice was to actually obey the rules. Your freedoms end where they impact the freedoms of others. "The law" is not a guide line and with an attitude like yours the penalties are obviously far too lenient.

Django
01-Nov-13, 08:56
I am all for people who speed getting caught and fined. Speed limits are there to be obeyed, some are ridiculous like the 30 mph zone that extends out of Forres for the flood prevention work going on. The works are about a mile behind when that one ends. But at the end of the day its the law. Anyone who gets caught has themselves to blame.

However I am also all for the people who think its alright to do 40 in a 60 zone, thus holding up traffic, getting fined. Last trip home I went to Thurso, as we left Wick and entered a 60mph zone the doddering old pensioner in the 1.0 litre shoebox sat there at 40 mph. Except when I went to overtake, then he could find where the accelerator was and at one point was hitting 60 mph while moving right and positioning his right wheel on the white line whenever I closed up. Probably a white knuckle ride for him. I gave up, it was clear he was enjoying holding the traffic up and was determined to stop me and probably the entire line of traffic he was holding up overtaking him. Pushing the issue was not adviseable. Luckily he turned off shortly after to go and annoy other drivers. He should have been fined as he was holding up traffic and then obstructing those who wanted to get past him. Wonder why the Police dont seem to be chasing dangerous drivers such as these ??, too difficult to prove I suspect when they can just rake in the cash from people doing 32 mph in a 30 mph zone. Thats clearly far more dangerous isnt it ??

I want to see a crackdown on general driving standards instead of just speeding. People tailgaiting, holding up traffic, not indicating on roundabouts, changing lane suddenly mid roundabout etc etc. Still that would mean the Police actually making some effort instead of sitting waiting for the speeding flies to land in the web. Driving in Caithness is pretty good though, anyone who thinks otherwise should spend a few days driving around Elgin. Worst place I have driven. Its like they pass their test and then make up their own rules for the road.

Phill
01-Nov-13, 10:26
It's not a crackdown that is needed. Its a raising in standards that is required.
A proper schedule of training for driving is required along with periodic assessment.

Classamin
01-Nov-13, 14:34
There are no defences for speeding the limits are a maximum, all the debate is about is arguining for the sake of it or delusions of grandeur that you're above the law. Now I can sit back and wait for the first delusional egomaniac to try and justify why it's ok to speed and endanger other people's lives.

People will stop the delusions of grandeur that they're above the law when you stop the delusions of grandeur that you are above the rest of us, what's honestly up with this high and mighty game? I can guarantee that at one point, whether you have been caught or not, that you have broken at least one traffic law.

Classamin
01-Nov-13, 14:38

dont worry Ducati with spelling like that I'd be amazed if they could pass their test let alone drive I've heard it gets difficult with your knuckles dragging on the floor

Also, it helps when critisizing others in their spellings when you can actually spell the word "arguing" yourself. Also, you couldn't go amiss by sorting your grammar out, but that's just me being picky...

mi16
01-Nov-13, 15:08
I cannot see the issue with doing 40 in a 60 zone, after all that is the speed limit for an HGV on the road which is more difficult to pass than a car. Accelerating when a car is in an overtaking manoeuvre is a different thing however.

*Martin*
01-Nov-13, 15:10
Also, it helps when critisizing others in their spellings when you can actually spell the word "arguing" yourself. Also, you couldn't go amiss by sorting your grammar out, but that's just me being picky...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed :lol:

QUADBIKER
01-Nov-13, 15:22
well said classamin but dont waste your time you see them on here all the time hiding behind there name

Classamin
01-Nov-13, 16:05
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed :lol:

Not at all, no room to criticize anyone haha!

Classamin
01-Nov-13, 16:07
well said classamin but dont waste your time you see them on here all the time hiding behind there name

Exactly, absolutely pointless doing that, they need to learn that it's not the name we hate, it's the person behind the screen, would love to find out more than one identity and I'm sure the same applies to you!

RagnarRocks
01-Nov-13, 18:37
Oh I'm hardly difficult to find or spot and always willing to engage in conversations face to face

barmar62
01-Nov-13, 20:17
A question for you RagnorRock, do you also critisize blind people for not being able to see, deaf people for not being able to hear? Thought not, so why critisize others, maybe their first language isn't english or they have dyslexia. It must feel good to be perfect.

RagnarRocks
01-Nov-13, 21:09
No I only criticise stupid people with the inability to differentiate legal and illegal . And why ask a question then answer it yourself, stupidity is nothing to do with disability and although I admit making a spelling error and perchance my syntax is not perfect it was not i saying its ok to speed because its freedom of choice to obey rules of the road. That my friend is stupidity of the highest order and has little or nothing to do with English being a first language or dyslexia that is just moronic ! So by comparison to the kind of attitude displayed that drew my comment I stand by it and am now curious as to why people feel the need to defend such moronic attitudes. You seem incapable of tackling the issue Speeding !

RagnarRocks
01-Nov-13, 21:17
And judging by your previous posts you do not seem to suffer from English being a second language or dyslexia so maybe you are just trying to deflect away from the fact you seem to think speeding is freedom of choice and laws are only there to be obeyed if you feel like it . That is what I call stupidity of the highest order

barmar62
02-Nov-13, 13:15
All laws are freedom of choice, no one makes you obay them.

Phill
02-Nov-13, 13:40
And prison is freedom of choice too? :confused

barmar62
02-Nov-13, 13:46
YES, Very much so, prisons are full of people who chose (sp?) not to obay the laws.

gerry4
02-Nov-13, 14:03

What about the people who are hurt or killed by those speeding, do they have a choice?

mi16
02-Nov-13, 17:33
No...........

rich62_uk
02-Nov-13, 17:41
What do you think to the idea of restricting cars in the same way as motorcycles are restricted to a lower speed, maybe 80 miles an hour. Thoughts ?

mi16
02-Nov-13, 18:11
It's the bhp that's restricted on bikesMany German cars are already restricted

Phill
02-Nov-13, 18:44
Restrictions are the lefty logic nanny state mentality.
If people are taught to drive properly, with minimum number of hours from an instructor and a longer learning period covering a wider range of driving, and then periodically reviewed to ensure standards are current i.e. better educated drivers.

By proper education you give people informed choice.

Classamin
02-Nov-13, 19:08
Oh I'm hardly difficult to find or spot and always willing to engage in conversations face to face

Well I can't find you or spot you, as I don't know your real name or what you look like. Why don't you tell all the people you antagonise your name on here and we could have a group discussion? If you're ready to antagonise the majority online on the org, then you should surely be up to the task of doing it on the street in person, seeing as you're so knowledgeable about the issue and seem to know exactly who the perpetrators are.

Classamin
02-Nov-13, 19:14
No I only criticise stupid people with the inability to differentiate legal and illegal . And why ask a question then answer it yourself, stupidity is nothing to do with disability and although I admit making a spelling error and perchance my syntax is not perfect it was not i saying its ok to speed because its freedom of choice to obey rules of the road. That my friend is stupidity of the highest order and has little or nothing to do with English being a first language or dyslexia that is just moronic ! So by comparison to the kind of attitude displayed that drew my comment I stand by it and am now curious as to why people feel the need to defend such moronic attitudes. You seem incapable of tackling the issue Speeding !

Well in that case you have no room to criticise me, as I am perfectly aware that speeding is illegal. I do not condone speeding or any breakage of traffic laws, however I have no problem with what you and your high and mighty associates might refer to as "boy racers", which in actual fact are young boys such as myself that drive around wick at a legal speed, in legal cars, with legal exhausts, during legal hours of noise. Problem? So you're saying we're incapable of tackling the issue of speeding, tell us then, what are YOU doing about speeding? Have you reported it to the police with the registration number, and the area that you caught them? I see you doing nothing, other than complaining about it on the org.

RagnarRocks
02-Nov-13, 22:16
Well as it appears you are so fully aware of what I've done you might be interested to know I have infact offered the police to sit in my drive and nick the offenders as they race past my house so that puts pay to that little argument and as you claim to be so law abiding I fail to see why you take so much offence at a comment obviously not directed at you, if you want to find me at 6' 8" I'm hard to miss feel free to say hello :0))

RagnarRocks
02-Nov-13, 22:49
Well I can't find you or spot you, as I don't know your real name or what you look like. Why don't you tell all the people you antagonise your name on here and we could have a group discussion? If you're ready to antagonise the majority online on the org, then you should surely be up to the task of doing it on the street in person, seeing as you're so knowledgeable about the issue and seem to know exactly who the perpetrators are.Do you count yourself singular as a majority or feel that you have assumed the mantle of org spokesperson for everyone else, just curious as you seem to condemn speeding with one hand them want to confront anyone who speaks out against it. I mean you use the word hate which is a big word,I've faced riots in Northern Ireland and not hated anyone fought in various theatres around the world and never hated my enemy so I assume this is really a big deal to you and you seem to always want to meet everyone who disagrees with you face to face .but on the same hand you aren't very forthcoming with your own identity hiding behind your screen name.

mi16
03-Nov-13, 15:29
I'm surprised you get into a show if you are fighting in the theatre!
Are you a musical man or maybe the ballet?

barmar62
03-Nov-13, 15:38
He ( RagnorRock) just has a high opinion of himself

RagnarRocks
03-Nov-13, 16:12
I'm surprised you get into a show if you are fighting in the theatre!Are you a musical man or maybe the ballet?To many clowns not enough circuses seems to fit your comment.

RagnarRocks
03-Nov-13, 16:19
He ( RagnorRock) just has a high opinion of himselfI'd call it a reasonable point of view compared to yours on speeding but unfortunately you fail to see how crass reckless and palpably stupid your comment was instead you'd rather try hiding behind a screen name and troll

Classamin
03-Nov-13, 16:45
I'd call it a reasonable point of view compared to yours on speeding but unfortunately you fail to see how crass reckless and palpably stupid your comment was instead you'd rather try hiding behind a screen name and troll

And you're doing any different?

Classamin
03-Nov-13, 16:46
Well as it appears you are so fully aware of what I've done you might be interested to know I have infact offered the police to sit in my drive and nick the offenders as they race past my house so that puts pay to that little argument and as you claim to be so law abiding I fail to see why you take so much offence at a comment obviously not directed at you, if you want to find me at 6' 8" I'm hard to miss feel free to say hello :0))

I'm not saying I know exactly what you've done, I'm saying that I can almost guarantee that you've committed one or more driving offences.

Classamin
03-Nov-13, 16:52
Do you count yourself singular as a majority or feel that you have assumed the mantle of org spokesperson for everyone else, just curious as you seem to condemn speeding with one hand them want to confront anyone who speaks out against it. I mean you use the word hate which is a big word,I've faced riots in Northern Ireland and not hated anyone fought in various theatres around the world and never hated my enemy so I assume this is really a big deal to you and you seem to always want to meet everyone who disagrees with you face to face .but on the same hand you aren't very forthcoming with your own identity hiding behind your screen name.

I do indeed condemn speeding, but I have to disagree with you on the second part of that statement. I don't stand up for speeding at all, what I stand up for is people blaming that issue, and almost every other driving issue on young people. Trust me, using the name Classamin is not hiding, infact that's basically saying who I really am, considering that's what about 90% of people know me as.

RagnarRocks
03-Nov-13, 16:53
I'm not saying I know exactly what you've done, I'm saying that I can almost guarantee that you've committed one or more driving offences.And in plain English that is called a presumption ! Based on your knowledge of me,having never met me, wow,have you ever thought of peddling your insights I'm sure you'd make lots of friends and a fortune telling everyone what you think they've done wrong based on your opinion and nothing else. Ideas of grandeur I'd call that

RagnarRocks
03-Nov-13, 17:07
I do indeed condemn speeding, but I have to disagree with you on the second part of that statement. I don't stand up for speeding at all, what I stand up for is people blaming that issue, and almost every other driving issue on young people. Trust me, using the name Classamin is not hiding, infact that's basically saying who I really am, considering that's what about 90% of people know me as.So you disagree on the insurance industries statistics on young people being of a higher probability to have accidents and speed based on ??? Your opinion and no reliable information to back it up or do you have some reliable statistics to back up your point of view.

radiohead
03-Nov-13, 18:13
If we take Caithness and the local press as the basis for fact, have the majority of people who have been killed on our roads recently mainly been young? And of these have the majority of accidents involved speed and inexperience?

theone
03-Nov-13, 18:47
If we take Caithness and the local press as the basis for fact, have the majority of people who have been killed on our roads recently mainly been young? And of these have the majority of accidents involved speed and inexperience?

No idea. Have a look here and judge for yourselves.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8401344.stm?postcode=&submit=Go

sids
03-Nov-13, 19:26
So are they actually shooting at the cars?

RagnarRocks
03-Nov-13, 20:31
Well in that case you have no room to criticise me, as I am perfectly aware that speeding is illegal. I do not condone speeding or any breakage of traffic laws, however I have no problem with what you and your high and mighty associates might refer to as "boy racers", which in actual fact are young boys such as myself that drive around wick at a legal speed, in legal cars, with legal exhausts, during legal hours of noise. Problem? So you're saying we're incapable of tackling the issue of speeding, tell us then, what are YOU doing about speeding? Have you reported it to the police with the registration number, and the area that you caught them? I see you doing nothing, other than complaining about it on the org.Could you point out where on this thread anyone or me specifically mentioned young drivers or boy racers with regard to speeding ? I've Reread the thread and unless I've missed it there's no mention of young drivers until you mention it . That leads me to assume one of two things, either
You choose to make that your issue even though no one else mentioned it
Or
Another village is missing an idiot

mi16
03-Nov-13, 20:57
No idea. Have a look here and judge for yourselves.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8401344.stm?postcode=&submit=Go

makes interesting reading, however it does not determine the cause of the fatalities, i.e a 40 year old man being killed in a RTA due to a 17 year old driver.

pat
03-Nov-13, 22:07
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8407635.stm

v (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8407635.stm)ery sad but interesting reading

almo
03-Nov-13, 23:54
Could you point out where on this thread anyone or me specifically mentioned young drivers or boy racers with regard to speeding ? I've Reread the thread and unless I've missed it there's no mention of young drivers until you mention it . That leads me to assume one of two things, either
You choose to make that your issue even though no one else mentioned it
Or
Another village is missing an idiot
You seem to be doing a good job yourself on twisting the facts and just ask, someone can give you directions back to your village!

makes interesting reading, however it does not determine the cause of the fatalities, i.e a 40 year old man being killed in a RTA due to a 17 year old driver.
Or the cause being an 80 year old holding up a line of traffic by driving badly within the speed limit.

almo
04-Nov-13, 00:12
I'm not saying I know exactly what you've done, I'm saying that I can almost guarantee that you've committed one or more driving offences.

And in plain English that is called a presumption ! Based on your knowledge of me,having never met me, wow,have you ever thought of peddling your insights I'm sure you'd make lots of friends and a fortune telling everyone what you think they've done wrong based on your opinion and nothing else. Ideas of grandeur I'd call that
It may well be a presumption but rather than shoot the boy down, just say if he is right or wrong. I'll be equally presumptuous and say he is right and you have been in breach of the RTA at least once in your driving experience, so get of your moral high horse and move on.

RagnarRocks
04-Nov-13, 08:40
[QUOTE=almo;1054725]It may well be a presumption but rather than shoot the boy down, just say if he is right or wrong. I'll be equally presumptuous and say he is right and you have been in breach of the RTA at least once in your driving experience, so get of your moral high horse and move on.[/QUOTESo

another one who can't just stick to the subject far to many trolls to feed

barmar62
04-Nov-13, 15:37
RagnorRock are you telling me that you don't have a choice in the decisions we make ie weather or not you obay the law, if this is true who chooses what colour shirt you wear, etc. I am interested to know which higher authority makes the decisions for you, and why you feel powerless to question them.

barmar62
04-Nov-13, 15:39
Sorry that should read YOU, not WE

radiohead
04-Nov-13, 16:50
Nice one Barmar, good to see a thread being continued in a relevant fashion, without resorting to slagging people.

ducati
04-Nov-13, 17:42
Sorry that should read YOU, not WE

and obey, div..

RagnarRocks
04-Nov-13, 19:20
RagnorRock are you telling me that you don't have a choice in the decisions we make ie weather or not you obay the law, if this is true who chooses what colour shirt you wear, etc. I am interested to know which higher authority makes the decisions for you, and why you feel powerless to question them.
It's whether for starters along with the various other mistakes !
What colour shirt I wear is of no regard to the law so on that count I do as I please
When driving I obey the laws of the land which are enforced by the police
It's rather simple

RagnarRocks
04-Nov-13, 19:25
It may well be a presumption but rather than shoot the boy down, just say if he is right or wrong. I'll be equally presumptuous and say he is right and you have been in breach of the RTA at least once in your driving experience, so get of your moral high horse and move on.
And that's an assumption on your part thank god you're not a judge eh
Why have a legal system when your all seeing eye can tell what I've done without ever meeting me, gosh you're clever !
now place your moral high horse where the sun doesn't shine
I can tell your box is missing a tool

mi16
04-Nov-13, 19:57

So you can say with 100% honesty that you have never exceeded the speed limit, forgot to indicate, driven with a blown lamp, cut a corner, touched the pavement whilst parking or any other motoring offence in your driving history?

RagnarRocks
04-Nov-13, 20:05
So you can say with 100% honesty that you have never exceeded the speed limit, forgot to indicate, driven with a blown lamp, cut a corner, touched the pavement whilst parking or any other motoring offence in your driving history?
Lets say I've had to rely on my driving licence for a long time so I am careful not to get points
I check my vehicle for lights etc before I set out as should anyone in reality.
Indication is for the benefit of other road users so if I don't Indictate its because there are no other vehicles or pedestrians etc
I'd worry if I couldn't park my car without hitting things..
But I do recall this thread is about Speeding not about my clean licence full no claims history and over 30 yrs of driving without having caused an accident .
Your point being or is this a puerile attempt just to obfuscate ?
Hasn't Billy Smart sent out a search party for you yet ?

mi16
04-Nov-13, 20:11
Perhaps you could sit down the banjo and answer the question

RagnarRocks
04-Nov-13, 20:15
Perhaps you could sit down the banjo and answer the questionWhy should I answer your question its irrelevant to the thread and just you trying to be clever but showing how terribly small and insignificant you are :0)) have a good evening

mi16
04-Nov-13, 20:25
Why should I answer your question its irrelevant to the thread and just you trying to be clever but showing how terribly small and insignificant you are :0)) have a good evening

Its your choice if you answer or continue to dodge the question.

barmar62
04-Nov-13, 20:28
It's whether for starters along with the various other mistakes !
What colour shirt I wear is of no regard to the law so on that count I do as I please
It's rather simple

At last, you agree, that it's YOU WHO CHOSES to obay the law, rather like it's you who choses which colour shirt you wear.!

radiohead
04-Nov-13, 20:42
I assume that mi16 and barmar are job sharing in their village, either that they are a con-joined result of local inbreeding and Dounreay fallout.

RagnarRocks
04-Nov-13, 20:46
At last, you agree, that it's YOU WHO CHOSES to obay the law, rather like it's you who choses which colour shirt you wear.!“If you find it hard to laugh at yourself, I would be happy to do it for you.”

RagnarRocks
04-Nov-13, 20:51
Its your choice if you answer or continue to dodge the question.“Anyone who told you to be yourself couldn't have given you any worse advice.”

mi16
04-Nov-13, 21:04
http://gifs.gifbin.com/052011/1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif (http://forum.caithness.org/985266)

RagnarRocks
04-Nov-13, 21:14
http://gifs.gifbin.com/052011/1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif (http://forum.caithness.org/985266)So that's what your brains been up to. It explains so much :0))

almo
04-Nov-13, 23:52
[QUOTE=almo;1054725]It may well be a presumption but rather than shoot the boy down, just say if he is right or wrong. I'll be equally presumptuous and say he is right and you have been in breach of the RTA at least once in your driving experience, so get of your moral high horse and move on.[/QUOTESo

another one who can't just stick to the subject far to many trolls to feed
Going off topic, LOL. I think that was done quite a few pages ago by someone being the spelling police, now who was that? And they couldn't even do that properly.
If you are looking for trolls try a mirror, that will be far easier for you.

RagnarRocks
05-Nov-13, 16:53
[QUOTE=almo;1054888][QUOTE=RagnarRocks;1054741]Going off topic, LOL. I think that was done quite a few pages ago by someone being the spelling police, now who was that? And they couldn't even do that properly.If you are looking for trolls try a mirror, that will be far easier for you.
I think you'll find my retort was regarding not only regarding the poor spelling but the stupidity of the assumption that you can pick and choose which laws to obey but that is a point obviously lost on you who prefers to keep ranting on.
Are they friends of yours? maybe you are also aligned with mi6 and barmar.
You seem to prefer to have people speeding around Caithness doing as they please rather than taking a sensible approach. I hope next time someone is killed on the roads due to excessive speed or reckless driving you'll stop to consider your position, or will you still be condemning everyone else instead of laying the blame squarely where it lay with the offender and not the people attempting to make roads safer.

mi16
05-Nov-13, 17:08
You can pick and choose which laws to obey, you have a choice in virtually everything you do.

barmar62
05-Nov-13, 17:32
Well said mi16. We are not saying speeding is right, or wrong, we are just pointing out that its your choice.

almo
05-Nov-13, 19:22
I think you'll find my retort was regarding not only regarding the poor spelling but the stupidity of the assumption that you can pick and choose which laws to obey but that is a point obviously lost on you who prefers to keep ranting on.
Are they friends of yours? maybe you are also aligned with mi6 and barmar.
You seem to prefer to have people speeding around Caithness doing as they please rather than taking a sensible approach. I hope next time someone is killed on the roads due to excessive speed or reckless driving you'll stop to consider your position, or will you still be condemning everyone else instead of laying the blame squarely where it lay with the offender and not the people attempting to make roads safer.
I have no knowledge of who the others are so I'm not aligned with them in any way. As for death on the roads and the usual simplistic blame put on speed, that's my issue.
It is always the first thing to be blamed but often without looking at any further causes and a balanced approach. I've sat in cars in perfect conditions on the open road doing 40 and been scared to death by how bad the driver was. I've also sat in cars being driven well over 60 and never felt safer due to the good driving.
Bad driving is the biggest cause of accidents but that will never be addressed by the morons amongst others who think by driving below the National Limit they are safe drivers and it's all the fault of those wanting to drive faster than they are. Even if that is also within the speed limit!

Yes, I drive over the speed limit. Not excessively and in good conditions where in my opinion it is safe to do so, I also drive below the limit if the conditions dictate. That same opinion that weighs up the conditions will be the same thing that stops me driving should I ever find myself driving along behind a car doing 40 and showing no intent on overtaking but closing the gap so nobody else can either.
And before we start going down the Caithness route, it's a national thing.

RagnarRocks
05-Nov-13, 19:48
I have no knowledge of who the others are so I'm not aligned with them in any way. As for death on the roads and the usual simplistic blame put on speed, that's my issue. It is always the first thing to be blamed but often without looking at any further causes and a balanced approach. I've sat in cars in perfect conditions on the open road doing 40 and been scared to death by how bad the driver was. I've also sat in cars being driven well over 60 and never felt safer due to the good driving.Bad driving is the biggest cause of accidents but that will never be addressed by the morons amongst others who think by driving below the National Limit they are safe drivers and it's all the fault of those wanting to drive faster than they are. Even if that is also within the speed limit! Yes, I drive over the speed limit. Not excessively and in good conditions where in my opinion it is safe to do so, I also drive below the limit if the conditions dictate. That same opinion that weighs up the conditions will be the same thing that stops me driving should I ever find myself driving along behind a car doing 40 and showing no intent on overtaking but closing the gap so nobody else can either.And before we start going down the Caithness route, it's a national thing.Thankyou for a well balanced and thought through reply I'd agree with many of your points regarding and bad driving and whilst I agree with you on most of your points and would even agree that speeding on certain roads in good conditions at certain times would not be a big issue I've sat on the m3 many times and been the only car,and driven down the E3 in germany at over 130mph but there its legal on parts but you can be pulled for dangerous driving. But speeding and the police being out to tackle it was the point being discussed on this thread.

Phill
06-Nov-13, 12:09
The poor standard of driving in general is a greater issue in my mind than speeding alone.
Inappropriate speeding can be done within national speed limits.

What does happen, normally after a serious incident, everyone bleats about speed closely followed by 17yr male drivers. OK, the stats back this up a little, but also for older drivers.
Traffic offences are different in law from criminal and for speeding specifically, the use of cameras etc. make it easy to target and to prosecute. This in turn, leads to easy statistical analysis and also easy to purge for massaging the statistics.
Poor driving is difficult to prove but contributory to the vast majority of incidents on our roads.

Speed is often the contributory factor not always the cause; it does however dictate the outcome with regards to injuries and damage, especially on rural roads. Remember, the damage is borne in the time it takes to go from the given speed to zero, it is not always relative to the speed.
So what happens is a vocal few bleat about the speeding teens and demand more cameras but nothing is ever done to change people’s approach to driving and improve standards.

There does seem a wondrous few who preach from their ivory tower of innumerable years of incident free, error free, legally perfect and insurance claim free driving. If so, these are possibly the most dangerous people on our roads, if ever they, looked in their rear view mirror they may spot a trail of destruction in the distance.

But why go for debate about educated and informed drivers when we can just preach about how good they are at driving, do some grammar policing and demand more restrictions on our freedoms.