PDA

View Full Version : Fears More Job Losses Are On The Cards In Caithness

Mr P Cannop
02-Feb-07, 18:03
A far north MSP's raising concerns about the future of Caithness after the announcement of 23 staff at an engineering firm are being laid off. Lybster's D. Gow and Son's been forced to close following a fall-off in contracts at Dounreay. Parent-company Orion says it'll have to shut the family-run business at the end of the month. Jamie Stone MSP fears as the nuclear plant is gradually dismantled there'll be more job losses to follow - he says we need to prepare for that now.

Stumurf
02-Feb-07, 18:29
AAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH......

(sorry, its frustrating enough trying to get work without this happening, my best wishes go out to all those who will become job seekers... its not the life of reilly some people make it out to be....)

scorrie
02-Feb-07, 21:25
Do not worry, more retail parks and ASDA will provide the jobs required ;o)

Stumurf
02-Feb-07, 21:35
wonderful news.... culmination of a lifetimes dream... :lol:

not to be disrespectful, its just for many many years i have resented the very existence of such corporations and i was initially happy to be rid of them when i moved up here...
they dont create jobs in my opinion and what they do create in line with the wages paid dont qualify as a job in some peoples imaginations...

still.... some people call it progress.... and i apologise for being off topic...

tip top
03-Feb-07, 00:30
Jamie Stone MSP fears as the nuclear plant is gradually dismantled there'll be more job losses to follow - he says we need to prepare for that now.

Sharp as a tack is our Harry Potter!!