PDA

View Full Version : Council sets out policies on advertising signs

Alrock
17-Aug-13, 01:17
The Caithness Business Index (http://www.caithness-business.co.uk) has posted the following article:

Council sets out policies on advertising signs

From 1 October 2013, The Highland Council is to introduce a new set of policies on the use of advertising signs to manage avoiding obstruction of adopted roads, footpaths and verges. Four new policies have received the approval of the Council [Read Full Article (http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/article.php?id=4213)]

Reposting here since nobody reads the Business Section....

What bothers me is not the signage outside shops but all the crap you see on road verges, lamp posts, traffic lights etc. that is often weeks (sometimes even months) out of date... If I had my way there would be a daily fine for every sign still up past the end of the event....
The problem is that it will never happen since the worst culprits tend to be political parties around election times so they are not about to anything that will hurt themselves the most.

ducati
17-Aug-13, 06:21

What bothers me is not the signage outside shops but all the crap you see on road verges, lamp posts, traffic lights etc. that is often weeks (sometimes even months) out of date... If I had my way there would be a daily fine for every sign still up past the end of the event....
The problem is that it will never happen since the worst culprits tend to be political parties around election times so they are not about to anything that will hurt themselves the most.

Can't say it bothers me at all. You need to get a hobby. :lol:

sids
17-Aug-13, 08:59

Just take them down yourself.