PDA

View Full Version : local syrian hammie/russian dwarf/mouse(fancy) breeder

Dadie
16-Aug-13, 00:26
Looking for a hobby/show breeder of the rodents above.
So as to get a pet without probs inbred into them and a healthier pet rodent overall.
The last few PAH hammies have had health issues ..and with any pet I have had its a lifelong commitment so no returns...even though they should have been retuned...hammie that refused to live and tube fed(nothing wrong with jaw or teeth died within 10 days)...hammie with "club feet" and hammie who suffered a heartattack while still very young(6 months) for that really...only fed hamster food and occational hamster treats ....and exersized daily as well as handled!

rich62_uk
16-Aug-13, 16:14
I am also looking for a Syrian Hamster ! The last one we got from Pets at Home some years ago was we were told a baby, low and behold she gave birth to six 'babies' just a few days after we brought her home !

Daughter has kept her room Hamster friendly now for some time and has the cage just wanting a baby Syrian now who wants to be loved ! :)

Dadie
22-Aug-13, 00:16
Just had our wee hammie to the vet again..Sugar... she has foot probs that are due to her genetics ...but has now got a growth on her side ..but ..its her feet that are really causing her probs...as she cant clean herself properly by herself (after peeing)as her feet are disformed and cant balance on her back feet normally...
Its not a big problem as I will wipe her down or bath her (she loves a bath in the sink) and has her towel heated on the radiator and heatpad microwaved ready for use! She is young for a hammie to be suffering her probs....