PDA

View Full Version : Near miss

Geo
15-Aug-13, 23:54
Heading from Wick today on the Wick to Watten road at roughly 4:30pm, both I and the driver of the car behind me had to do emergency stops on the main road just after the first set of turbines. The driver of the oncoming small black stereotypical boy racer car had decided on a last second overtake of the car in front of him at high speed, with no room whatsoever to get back into his lane. I had to hit the brakes and steer into the verge to allow him room to pass at which point he sped on by and off into the distance.

If the driver happens to read this I hope you appreciate how close you came to causing a serious accident. Speed and poor judgement do not mix. Learn from it and decide to be a better driver.

mi16
16-Aug-13, 09:00
Heading from Wick today on the Wick to Watten road at roughly 4:30pm, both I and the driver of the car behind me had to do emergency stops on the main road just after the first set of turbines. The driver of the oncoming small black stereotypical boy racer car had decided on a last second overtake of the car in front of him at high speed, with no room whatsoever to get back into his lane. I had to hit the brakes and steer into the verge to allow him room to pass at which point he sped on by and off into the distance.If the driver happens to read this I hope you appreciate how close you came to causing a serious accident. Speed and poor judgement do not mix. Learn from it and decide to be a better driver.You would get better results posting this as a police statement

George Brims
16-Aug-13, 18:49
On the other side of the planet, I had a near miss on an LA freeway on the way to work on Monday. After calming down I muttered the usual "Where's the Highway Patrol when you really need them?" only to see a CHP motorcycle officer zoom by on my right with blue lights flashing. Delighted to see the offending driver pulling off at the next off-ramp with the CHP guy on her tail. There is justice in the world.

2little2late
18-Aug-13, 02:56
Heading from Wick today on the Wick to Watten road at roughly 4:30pm, both I and the driver of the car behind me had to do emergency stops on the main road just after the first set of turbines. The driver of the oncoming small black stereotypical boy racer car had decided on a last second overtake of the car in front of him at high speed, with no room whatsoever to get back into his lane. I had to hit the brakes and steer into the verge to allow him room to pass at which point he sped on by and off into the distance.

If the driver happens to read this I hope you appreciate how close you came to causing a serious accident. Speed and poor judgement do not mix. Learn from it and decide to be a better driver.

I don't want to put into print what I wish would happen to these idiots.

vwfoxsale
28-Oct-13, 19:08
the worst drivers in the country in caithness,no indication ever,full beam always,no commen sense,zero driving ability.The driving instructers here must be stupid and the test examiners asleep.

Shaggy
28-Oct-13, 20:05
The driving instructers here must be stupid and the test examiners asleep.

Aye blame the examiners and instructors:confused. The clowns pull the wool over their eyes to get their licence then its every man for himself. Periodic retesting would sort them out once and for all!

Dogsrcool
28-Oct-13, 22:13
Aye blame the examiners and instructors:confused. The clowns pull the wool over their eyes to get their licence then its every man for himself. Periodic retesting would sort them out once and for all!

It's not only young people who drive carelessly. Try driving towards Thurso at the same time as Dounreay/ Vulcan are opening/shutting - you should see the stupidity of some of the drivers then.

*Martin*
28-Oct-13, 22:31
the worst drivers in the country in caithness,no indication ever,full beam always,no commen sense,zero driving ability.The driving instructers here must be stupid and the test examiners asleep.

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/399/53f/392/resized/futurama-fry-meme-generator-not-sure-if-serious-or-just-trolling-282389.jpg

chocolatechip
29-Oct-13, 22:53
Whoops. You'd need a stiff drink after that lol :)

jacko
30-Oct-13, 14:20
Aye and you should see some of the idiots at the Bridge street roundabout . When the pipes are snarling up traffic getting round the other bend at the lights , some just cant wait for the traffic to clear and pass three or four waiting cars on the hill down from the Groat office ,cross straight over the circle middle ,and down River street .Even when someone is legally turning off the roundabout. and im not talking about boy racers in small black car s either

almo
30-Oct-13, 22:49
Where is this utopia where driving is so much better? I've yet to drive there.

RagnarRocks
30-Oct-13, 23:26
There is a quiet road out Wagga Wagga way in aus lol

Crackeday
31-Oct-13, 07:40
the worst drivers in the country in caithness,no indication ever,full beam always,no commen sense,zero driving ability.The driving instructers here must be stupid and the test examiners asleep. Ladies and gentlemen please do not feed the troll!! ;)

QUADBIKER
01-Nov-13, 15:36
near miss you want to try and recover a car at the side of the road was out on a call out on monday its like talking your life in your hands its not hard to slow down when you pass a recovery at work but no most people are in to much of a rush and by the way this was not your socalled boy racers white van man 4x4 man ect