PDA

View Full Version : video converters

zebedy
01-Feb-07, 22:15
i made a video on windows media video maker thingy, that came standerd on my PC

anyone know how to convert the type of file it is, so i will upload to youtube..

cause atm its a invalid type

Stumurf
01-Feb-07, 22:58
if you used all the default settings it should have saved your movie as a WMV (Windows Movie Video) and these files are in the allowed format....

Did you save it as a movie or a project?

if your not sure answer this...

What is the extension of the file you have created?

If the extension isnt showing, (I.E. MyVideo.WMV where the WMV is the extension) you need to open "My Computer" then click on "Tools" then click on "Folder Options" and then click on "View" on the little box that appears and in that list is "hide extensions for known file types" uncheck this option, then click "apply" and then click "OK"

if you then navigate to the folder where you saved your file and right click and then choose "Refresh" you should now be able to see the extension.

I also advise you then repeat the above and hide the extensions, because if you rename any files you also have to manually type the extension also. If your not aware of the hundreds of different file types and there extension abbrviations you could make your life very difficult.. :D (please dont take offence i am just trying to be helpful)

more info can also be found here...

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/topic.py?topic=10524