PDA

View Full Version : Bin Stinks !!

frogface
01-Feb-07, 19:02
Can anyone tell me how much that guy in Thurso costs and how often he does it, cheers :)

Fluff
01-Feb-07, 19:10
if someone didnt know what you were talking about/asking, that could sound SO wrong....

frogface
01-Feb-07, 19:15
:lol: Sorry, I would like my wheelie bin cleaned !!!

sam
01-Feb-07, 19:20
I do mine with the garden hose bleach and a cloth once a week, its cheaper that way ;)

Scunner
01-Feb-07, 19:56
He charges £2.00 per bin, and comes around about once a month. Good value, as he really gives it a good scrub and hose down

celtchicky
01-Feb-07, 20:11
is there anyone in wick that cleans wheelie bins?

henry20
01-Feb-07, 21:53
I'm pretty sure he charges £2.50 now, but still worth the money. :)

North Rhins
01-Feb-07, 22:03
Don’t have a problem with stinky bins, it’s a mile and a half away at the top of the track. In fact if it’s a westerly it’s even further!

Lavenderblue2
01-Feb-07, 22:53
Don’t have a problem with stinky bins, it’s a mile and a half away at the top of the track. In fact if it’s a westerly it’s even further!

I agree North Rhins - My bin is three quarters of a mile away (on a good day) but I do know if I got a whiff from it I'd spend my money on a tin of Jeyes Fluid and a soft broom! Lets face it £2.50 a month is £30 per year - think about it.

sam
01-Feb-07, 22:58
Lavenderblue, you think the same as me, As the saying goes take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves:D ;)

North Rhins
01-Feb-07, 23:07
Mony’s a puckle maks a muckle.

Tom Cornwall
02-Feb-07, 01:18
We get those big black bin liners and put them in the wheelie bin ... no need to clean them then

htwood
02-Feb-07, 03:53
Back in the good old days, before so much plastic, my dad assigned me the job of lining the bin with old newspapers. Yow, I can smell it now LOL

Now I just give it a good hosing, pine oil cleaner and soft brush. Fresh as springtime, even after a crab feed.

henry20
02-Feb-07, 08:57
I agree North Rhins - My bin is three quarters of a mile away (on a good day) but I do know if I got a whiff from it I'd spend my money on a tin of Jeyes Fluid and a soft broom! Lets face it £2.50 a month is £30 per year - think about it.

Most of my rubbish is bagged, so I'm pretty sure it doesn't always need cleaned, but the way I see it, for less than the cost of a pint down the pub I can keep a local business running. I'm sure I've wasted more than £30 a year on less worthy causes. :eek:

frogface
02-Feb-07, 12:57
I agree, plus I don't have a garden hose :confused

I don't think £2.50 a bin is unreasonable if it get's a good clean ..

plumber
02-Feb-07, 16:56
Hot soapy water, a brush and some elbow grease, can save a lot of money

oldmarine
02-Feb-07, 23:07
Hot soapy water, a brush and some elbow grease, can save a lot of money

Sounds reasonable to me.

Bill Fernie
03-Feb-07, 10:42
Best thing is to place all vegetable matter and anything that wil rot down in a compost bin. That takes care of most things that give rise to smells in the bin. Other waste can be wrapped in al those plastic bags or in old newspapers. Bins do not smell if no degradable waste touches them. They also only need cleaning very rarely saving all the smells and the effort of cleaning.

sjj278
03-Feb-07, 14:27
He has put prices up to £3 as of next month!! He kindly informed us when collecting his £2.50 for January.