PDA

View Full Version : David Cameron's New Poll Tax.

Alrock
11-Aug-13, 17:33
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4296/oewu.jpg

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1711/xsl1.jpg

ywindythesecond
12-Aug-13, 01:13
I think you are right Alrock. This will bring down David Cameron.
The difference from the Poll Tax is that the bedroom tax is inherently unfair whereas the Poll Tax was an attempt to spread the cost of services which everyone benefitted from among all those who benefitted from them. The people who benefitted under the existing system had a stronger voice than those who paid for the benefits.

Alrock
12-Aug-13, 01:54
The difference from the Poll Tax is that the bedroom tax is inherently unfair whereas the Poll Tax was an attempt to spread the cost of services which everyone benefitted from among all those who benefitted from them. The people who benefitted under the existing system had a stronger voice than those who paid for the benefits.

Both pay scant regard towards a person's ability to pay, thus hitting the poorest in society the hardest.

rob murray
13-Aug-13, 16:45

It wont as the vast majority of employed people have no interest or compassion in standing up for the poorer in society, poll tax hit many more and politicised a generation. Im afraid politically he's hit the right targets here.

ducati
13-Aug-13, 18:27
It wont as the vast majority of employed people have no interest or compassion in standing up for the poorer in society, poll tax hit many more and politicised a generation. Im afraid politically he's hit the right targets here.

Yes it is actually very popular with taxpaying voters of all persusions.

squidge
02-Sep-13, 17:34
Today the wonderfully aptly named Ian Gray - Scottish Labours Finance spokesman said that Labour pledges 50million pounds to battle the bedroom tax. I was delighted - at last!!! The Labour party standing up and saying that they will fight the tories on this unfair and mean minded tax on people who have mostly no chance to avoid it. I nearly re-applied for my labour party membership.

Imagine How appalled I was when I read the article and found "battling the bedroom tax" did not mean pledging to abolish it after Labour win the next election in the UK or in Scotland. It didnt mean instructing its labour run councils not to evict people who are in arrears solely as a result of bedroom tax. In fact it didnt mean standing up to the tory party and their nasty policy at all. It meant giving in and paying it. All of it, for everyone with 50 million pounds of taxpayers money. I can accept this means that the poor people on the sharp end of this policy will not have to pay it but where is the "battling the bedroom tax" if all that happens is that Scotland pays it anyway?

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/labour-pledges-50m-to-battle-bedroom-tax-1-3070661

You know being an ex labour party member is like being an ex wife. When you expect them to do the right thing and step up to the mark you are always disappointed.

I despair - I really do.