PDA

View Full Version : National Lottery puts its prices up

golach
09-Aug-13, 22:09
For draws from 5th October, new Lotto will cost £2 per line, creating bigger jackpots and a brand new raffle with at least 50 guaranteed winners of £20,000 in every draw. Plus, matching 3 numbers will now win you a brilliant £25!

Not sure if I will bother taking part anymore, and if Eck wins the neverendum, will Scotland be allowed to take part in the National Lottery anyway?

ducati
09-Aug-13, 23:52
mmm not a very good pro Union argument golly, try again eh?

Bill Fernie
10-Aug-13, 00:08
Perhaps if everyone played it like the Grand National - ie once year then we would get some decent perspective and everyone might build a little extra savings like the Austrians, Germans, French, Swedes and Belgians, Irish and Spanish who all save more than we do in the UK.

So err yes maybe a £2 bet on the lottery once year is not too bad as against losing £104 per annum and putting £102 in the bank account for the rainy day.

After few years once everyone has paid off their credit cards and other outstanding loans from NOT playing the lottery the country might see it has a surplus in the banks and get the country moving with all that capital creating a better situation for everyone personally and collectively. Capital can create jobs. The Lottery is a form of Voluntary taxation as well as gambling. Like the grand national the odd once year flutter might be fun and so with the lottery and if you want fun then pick your numbers and write them on a bit of paper and do not buy a ticket. Then when most of you check the winning numbers and find your numbers did not come up count yourself lucky and put another £2 in the piggy. If the numbers come up and likely it will be for £25 if at all then take the £25 out and give it to a local charity. You will feel much better, stil have money in the piggy and after a year most people will have more money in the bank.

If Scotland has separate lottery it wil have the same odds as the present one....terrible.

and what about Premium Bonds I hear you say..........don't get me started.............................

ducati
10-Aug-13, 00:11
Perhaps if everyone played it like the Grand National - ie once year then we would get some decent perspective and everyone might build a little extra savings like the Austrians, Germans, French, Swedes and Belgians, Irish and Spanish who all save more than we do in the UK.

So err yes maybe a £2 bet on the lottery once year is not too bad as against losing £104 per annum and putting £102 in the bank account for the rainy day.

After few years once everyone has paid off their credit cards and other outstanding loans from NOT playing the lottery the country might see it has a surplus in the banks and get the country moving with all that capital creating a better situation for everyone personally and collectively. Capital can create jobs. The Lottery is a form of Voluntary taxation as well as gambling. Like the grand national the odd once year flutter might be fun and so with the lottery and if you want fun then pick your numbers and write them on a bit of paper and do not buy a ticket. Then when most of you check the winning numbers and find your numbers did not come up count yourself lucky and put another £2 in the piggy. If the numbers come up and likely it will be for £25 if at all then take the £25 out and give it to a local charity. You will feel much better, stil have money in the piggy and after a year most people will have more money in the bank.

If Scotland has separate lottery it wil have the same odds as the present one....terrible.

and what about Premium Bonds I hear you say..........don't get me started.............................

With the current interest rates available there is very little incentive to save cash. Invest it in a motorbike like I do. Go on, you know you want to. :lol:

Kevin Milkins
10-Aug-13, 06:05
With the current interest rates available there is very little incentive to save cash. Invest it in a motorbike like I do. Go on, you know you want to. :lol:

Are motorbikes a good investment? thank Christ for that, I just bought one on Ebay (thinking I had no chance) and now that I've stopped shaking I'm warming to the idea.

I think I will keep my pound a week on the lottery going though.

Big Gaz
10-Aug-13, 10:58
Careful Kevin, All the ladies in Wick will be trembling at the thought of you careering round town in your leathers......

Phill
10-Aug-13, 12:26

Hmmm, is this touching on the gambling issue that the UK is facing?

sids
10-Aug-13, 14:10
Just buy half as many tickets.