PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, thank you, thank you

poppett
05-Aug-13, 08:59
Firstly a joint thank you to Thurso fire brigade and ambulance crews who turned out so promptly to the sheltered housing in Thurso on Saturday lunchtime. My dad (93 today) fancied an omelette for his lunch. His homecarer was either late arriving or he didn`t see the time properly so he decided to make it himself. Because he uses a rollator walker the kitchen door had to be taken off when he moved into the house in 2007 so when the egg went into the pan the steam set off the fire alarm in the hall. (having a shower with the bathroom door ajar used to do this too). Alarm automatically triggers a helpcall to the hub in Inverness and the lady spoke to Dad and asked if he was OK. He told her what had happened and all he needed was somebody to stop the alarm ringing, but the lady insisted on the fire brigade turning out. He phoned me to ask if I could ring her and stop them coming, but they arrived while he was trying to tell me what had happened. He got an awful fright, and his blood pressure was through the roof, so the ambulance crew waited with him until he was settled and his bp was back to normal. All this kerfuffle could have been avoided if there had been a warden on duty at the complex, or a very tall passing policeman who kindly helped me out the last time the alarms went off for no reason when there was nobody home.

Secondly to the Park Hotel in Thurso. We took Dad there for a pre-birthday Sunday lunch yesterday, and were astonished that roast potatoes were not available. I asked the waitress to enquire as that is what makes a Sunday lunch so special and she said she would, and did.....and the roasties were lovely. Well done that chef!................and all the staff at the Park Hotel who made our outing worth the effort.

squidge
05-Aug-13, 09:24
Smile smile smile - glad your dad recovered from his ordeal and that your lunch was awesome.