PDA

View Full Version : Watching videos on Facebook.

2little2late
30-Jul-13, 23:27
I am not able to watch some videos on Facebook. You tube vids play fine. Uploaded videos will not play. Laptop is running Windows 8, browser is Google chrome. Everything seems up to date. Help me please. Thanks in advance.

Shaggy
31-Jul-13, 09:27
It's possible that they aren't videos at all and are merely links that once you click them, a virus will be downloaded. Otherwise check you have appropriate codecs and drivers downloaded to play videos. Search for "windows 7 codec pack" and theres a download from CNET (trusted source) download that one and install, then try again. Personally i never click on any links in Facebook now, not even from friends unless they actually tell me it's their video. It's all good and well me saying this but until you actually have a hard drive wiped due to clicking on an erroneous facebook video link that drops a virus into your system, then you won't really appreciate it.

2little2late
31-Jul-13, 15:18
They are friends videos. I can't even watch my own ones.

2little2late
31-Jul-13, 15:24
Have just downloaded the codecs and videos are fine now. Many thanks.

Shaggy
31-Jul-13, 16:53
glad to have been of help :Razz

2little2late
31-Jul-13, 17:16
Vids were playing up again, didn't realise adobe player is automatically on google chrome. I installed it separately. Went into add/remove programmes. Uninstalled it from there and they are now working fine. Thanks again Shaggy.