PDA

View Full Version : Opinions

denise
30-Jan-07, 20:28
we've booked a meal at the station hotel for saturday night but since we've booked a few of the other people coming have heard that it's not up to much!
Anybody got any comment's and reccommendations in case I have to book elsewhere.

Naefearjustbeer
30-Jan-07, 20:38
Been a while since I ate in the station but the food was good, portions on the small side but not too small. What I didnt like was the slimy camp bloke that served us. We were in the Park at the weekend and it was very poor. I wont be going back to either place in a hurry.

DarkAngel
30-Jan-07, 21:23
Well we were there last year for a meal and it wasnt very nice atall. The servings were not very big and it was over-priced aswell..Also my Partner refused to go in there again as he said it was full of gays..And i must agree with him there were a few guys there who were "Very" camp!

Hope you meal is better than what ours was! :)

Naefearjustbeer
30-Jan-07, 21:29
Also my Partner refused to go in there again as he said it was full of gays..And i must agree with him there were a few guys there who were "Very" camp!

Hope you meal is better than what ours was! :)

I thought the "camps" was in wick LOL

Well if the waiter that served us was anything to go by then maybe Thurso has its own *Gay restaurant. Did they all have man bags or whatever they are called?

*Gay means happy in this country.

Penelope Pitstop
30-Jan-07, 21:31
Hi Denise

We were at the Station Hotel last weekend for a meal. It was OK. I would describe it as average pub grub (we ate in the dining room). I ordered the chargrilled chicken fillet with haggis and Glayva sauce....but they had ran out of haggis. I wouldn't slate it but the menu is maybe trying to be something that it isn't. I have heard that the Holburn hotel now has a very good restaurant...but we couldn't get in - it was fully booked (that's usually a good sign!!):Razz Hope that helps. Have a nice time.

connieb19
30-Jan-07, 21:31
Did you go for the banana split naefear? :eek:

caithness lad
30-Jan-07, 21:32
poor service and poor food:~(

Naefearjustbeer
30-Jan-07, 21:33
Did you go for the banana split naefear? :eek:

Nae fear oh that. I think I had a raspberry cranachan if I remember rightly and left sharpish.

Baconbuttie
31-Jan-07, 00:59
Had a great meal at Station just before Christmas, can thoroughly recommend it. Holborn very good too.

SNOWDOG
31-Jan-07, 11:46
Was in the Station 6 months ago, the food was average and a bit dear, the waiter looked like he'd just got up and the resturant was cold, im afraid not much to write home about! :(

newpark
31-Jan-07, 11:49
Had a meal in Upper Deck last weekend and they are doing a promotion of a free bottle of wine for every couple. The food was excellent on the dear side but lovely. Will def go back. Friends went the night beofre and didnt think it was up too much I suppose everyones different.

denise
31-Jan-07, 18:53
thanks all for your opinions I will pass them on and see where we end up or where we can still get a table. denise

emszxr
31-Jan-07, 20:23
is it still the same owner of the station, mr egan.