PDA

View Full Version : Taxi Costs

Oddquine
27-Jul-13, 17:17
Does anyone know if it would be cheaper to get a taxi back from Halkirk or from Wick to Lybster..and is it easy to get a hold of one in either place. I can get to Halkirk, via Wick or Dunbeath..but can't get back past Wick by public transport..and if I can't get back, I can't go.

Thanks. ..and a ball-park figure of cost from either place would be good. :)

Kodiak
27-Jul-13, 19:48
Would it not be easier to phone one of the many Taxi Company's as they would be able to you an accurate price.

Oddquine
27-Jul-13, 20:28
Would it not be easier to phone one of the many Taxi Company's as they would be able to you an accurate price.

To do that you kinda need to know which taxi companies operate from and in which area...and with the best will in the world, you kinda need to know the name of taxi companiies to find their phone numbers in phonebooks. I could probably google for numbers.....but what I had hoped to get from here, being an auld wifie who very rarely uses taxis any more, and never has to date in Caithness, was personal recommendation as to a reliable company who, if booked will actually turn up. From that you will ascertain that, in my past, taxi companies furth of Caithness have been, on occasion, unreliable...and I'm not overly inclined to stand around in either Wick or Halkirk at around 10pm on the offchance that the taxi I ordered will turn up.

mi16
27-Jul-13, 22:43
I should imagine wick to lybster would be less than Halkirk to lybster.I don't think there is a taxi firm in Halkirk so would need to come from Thurso.Also wick taxis are cheaper than Thurso ones if memory serves me correct

Moira
27-Jul-13, 23:04
Oddquine, I'm not sure of costs but would be happy to recommend Miller's Taxis, Wick, Tel 01955 606464.

Miller's have several cars and if they take your booking, from my experience, they deliver the service.

Give them a ring, specify your requirements and ask for a price.......

All best. :)

Oddquine
28-Jul-13, 11:46
Cheers folks. Kinda thought Wick would be the more sensible option. Thanks for the recommendation, Moira.I'll contact them.