PDA

View Full Version : Halkirk Highland games

bigbenjokazooie
26-Jul-13, 12:56
Hello,The prices seem quite high for it this year, is there anything for kids to do apart from watch whats happening? Is there any stalls, side shows etc 7 pound for adults and 3 pound for kids is a bit pricey if you still have to pay for things to do when you get in.Never been before so not sure what to expectThanks

pirateeye
26-Jul-13, 23:01
I don't know how much things to do cost when you get in there but I do know how pricey the food vans are. My friend and I were given tickets to get in from our boss so we decided to have a look. Passed a food van displaying attractive Strawberry trifles made in a plastic drinking cup so we decided to have one each.... £7!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER again.

stewart4364
27-Jul-13, 08:39
£7 for an adult and £3 for OAP and children are reasonable prices considering that £22000 is the prize money and you could attend the games from 10AM to 5PM ie 7 hours for £1 or 50 pence per hour. For £7 you could possibly get a packet of cigarettes or maybe a couple of pints. The prices charged at the vans and sideshows are outwith the control of the games -- yes I know these are expensive and if you have children that is where they want to go. But if the weather is favourable a day at the Halkirk Highland Games can be a very enjoyable time and where you could meet old friends.

Kodiak
27-Jul-13, 17:13
£you could attend the games from 10AM to 5PM ie 7 hours for £1 or 50 pence per hour. For £7 .

The games are open from 12.15pm to 6pm.

stewart4364
28-Jul-13, 06:45
A piping competition is on from 10am.

Fran
28-Jul-13, 10:55
There were children's faces, there was a lot for kids