PDA

View Full Version : RIP Lawrie Reilly

secrets in symmetry
23-Jul-13, 23:49
He was the last of the Famous Five. Much respect to a great man.

golach
24-Jul-13, 09:28
He was the last of the Famous Five. Much respect to a great man.

A Gentleman in sport and in not many will hold his soccer achievements, and yes I have met him and had a few blethers with him

As well as his 22 goals in 38 games for the full Scotland side, in a career spanning just under 12 years Lawrie Reilly scored 234 goals in well over 300 games for Hibs, a quite incredible record. He remains to this day Hibs’ top goalscorer in competitive games and one can only wonder just how many he would have scored had his football career not been brought to such a sudden end because of injury

secrets in symmetry
24-Jul-13, 10:36
Lawrie isn't often mentioned in discussions of the national team's greatest strikers. I don't know why....

Hibeechick
24-Jul-13, 10:53
The last of the true hibs legends :(
Was never lucky enough to have met him but had the privilege of often chatting to Eddie Turnball. Perfect gent.
RIP :(

sids
24-Jul-13, 12:14
Turnball

Good one!..........................

secrets in symmetry
24-Jul-13, 12:16
Good one!..........................Indeed! :cool:

I missed that....

George Brims
24-Jul-13, 18:05
Lawrie isn't often mentioned in discussions of the national team's greatest strikers. I don't know why....
Because he was a centre-forward? They weren't called strikers until long after his retirement.

secrets in symmetry
24-Jul-13, 18:10
I was using "striker" as a generic term.

Keyser_soze
26-Jul-13, 07:38
RIP Lawrie Reilly .

RIP Hibs after a complete trouncing last night , 9-0 on aggregate .

Death of Scottish football has really kicked in

secrets in symmetry
27-Jul-13, 00:41
Last night's result was a lesson for us all.

Bradcon
27-Jul-13, 11:55
Last night's result was a lesson for us all.not a lesson for all a lesson for hibs as stjohnstone beat a much better team than malmo.

secrets in symmetry
27-Jul-13, 12:16
not a lesson for all a lesson for hibs as stjohnstone beat a much better team than malmo.Yes, that was a great result for St Johnstone. :cool:

Hibs will struggle for goals without Lee Griffiths this season. I doubt Lee will be happy playing in League One down south.

secrets in symmetry
02-Aug-13, 00:19
RIP Lawrie Reilly .

RIP Hibs after a complete trouncing last night , 9-0 on aggregate .

Death of Scottish football has really kicked inOne of tonight's results put Hibs' recent trouncing by Malmo into perspective.

Swansea 4 Malmo 0 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23467194)

secrets in symmetry
04-Aug-13, 16:48
Sky Sports broadcast a wonderful tribute to Lawrie just before today's match kicked off.