PDA

View Full Version : The Royal Birth

Kevin Milkins
22-Jul-13, 10:03
Has the world gone mad or am I just a bit out of the loop? I can see why it is of some interest that William and Kate are to have there first chid, but is it really that interesting that we have to be spoon fed with it morning, noon and night?

Torvaig
22-Jul-13, 13:12
Personally I think that the media themselves do the hype; telling us things we don't really want to know although there are is a section of society that likes to know everything first! Next will be the mugs, plaques, t-shirts etc; to emblazon the wonderful news!

It's why people who, even locally, chase ambulances wanting to the be the first to spread their knowledge. Many have to be the first to know of incidents and rush to pass it on as quickly as possible. Then come the corrections, the back-tracking and long faces because they were wrong (sometimes but not always).

The sooner this Royal baby is born the better, but God help them if it arrives when Coronation Street is on! :lol::lol:

Gronnuck
22-Jul-13, 13:44
Has the world gone mad or am I just a bit out of the loop? I can see why it is of some interest that William and Kate are to have there first chid, but is it really that interesting that we have to be spoon fed with it morning, noon and night?

OMG don't realise that this is the first time a women married to a Royal has given birth in...., in...., .....a long time. I mean, a women having a baby is so...., so...., unusual .....innit!
God bless the little mite when it comes, its life is never going to be its own.

RecQuery
22-Jul-13, 15:46
First time I've seen the tabloids in favour of a woman on benefits giving birth... needless to say the 'news' and general media are going to be unbearable for the next week or so.

Incidentally today is also the day that Charles' secret meetings with Jeremy Hunt where he lobbied in favour of homoeopathy came out.

olivia
22-Jul-13, 16:42
I think its important because of the fact that someday he/she will be King or Queen. It is also important because it will be the first female (if it is a girl) that takes precedence over a younger brother. A historic moment. Good luck to them all.

shazzap
22-Jul-13, 17:55
I couldn't give a Monkeys uncle.

macadamia
22-Jul-13, 17:59
Thank you Olivia, for your positive comment. As to those who are saying "what's all the fuss?" - enough for you to take time out of your busy lives to let us all know you don't care. That really contributes to the gaiety of nations! Worth an extra smile from this department. Good luck, little Windsorette!

Gronnuck
22-Jul-13, 20:52
I think its important because of the fact that someday he/she will be King or Queen. It is also important because it will be the first female (if it is a girl) that takes precedence over a younger brother. A historic moment. Good luck to them all.

It's a boy!
There's every possibility that he won't become King until 2060 or 70, unless there's major tragedy in the family; a lot can happen between now and then. There's a fair few of us that won't be around to see his coronation.

mi16
22-Jul-13, 22:29
Congratulations to Katherine and William.

golach
22-Jul-13, 22:36
Congratulations to William & Kate

secrets in symmetry
22-Jul-13, 23:31
I would like to add my congratulations to William and Kate, and to welcome our new Prince into the world.

It wasn't the BBC's finest day though...

This morning on BBC News, Simon McCoy spent 15 minutes standing outside the hospital telling us there's no news.

That was bad enough, but the real booboo was earlier this evening when the BBC News website boasted a headline:

LIVE The royal birth

This was changed to

LIVE Latest updates: The royal birth (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23413944)

not long after I spotted it.

I should have done a screendump while I had the chance....

billmoseley
23-Jul-13, 09:12
who are this william and kate couple anyway?

secrets in symmetry
23-Jul-13, 22:27
It's been hard to find a watchable TV news channel today...

My outright winner today has been NHK World. (NHK is the Japanese equivalent of the BBC.)

Al Jazeera gains an honourable second place.

France 24 just about scrapes third.

Most of the rest degenerated into brain-numbing inanity and fawning sycophancy more than 24 hours ago....

secrets in symmetry
23-Jul-13, 22:29
I'm a fairly ardent supporter of the monarchy BTW!

Kevin Milkins
24-Jul-13, 07:47
And I thought they where a sensible couple. ;) https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p320x320/481079_10151757042721940_413459572_n.jpg

secrets in symmetry
24-Jul-13, 10:18
That's not their baby - it's the screaming one from the NHS wing next door!

vwfoxsale
28-Oct-13, 19:11
another lizard