PDA

View Full Version : Activities for a 6 year old boy

telfordstar
29-Jan-07, 15:24
does any one know any sportin activities groups etc for after school and weekends for a 6 year old boy have tried looking in papers and on net but have had no joy so am hoping here will help contact numbers would be a great help to thanks:)

Bradcon
29-Jan-07, 16:46
Where abount are you? Football, youth club, etc.

Really depends on where you are, as to whats on .

bobsgirl
29-Jan-07, 19:40
Our 6 year old used to go to football, but now he goes to Beavers. He absolutely loves it. Depends what your son is into on what he would like to go to. There is also other things like Kuk Sool and other Karate activities.
Hope you find the right place and that he really enjoys it!

spanner
29-Jan-07, 21:38
does anyone have any contact numbers for kuk sol or karate for young kids going too?

ABC
29-Jan-07, 22:09
St Andrews Ambulance Association (Thurso) have a youth group age 5 - 11 years Tuesday night 6.00-7.00 in Boys brigade hall Mrs E Murray is the contact name or just turn up

telfordstar
29-Jan-07, 23:13
hi its wick we live in hes not really into much bar computer games but really want to get him involved in something that going to keep him active and social

evelyn
29-Jan-07, 23:18
Karate Club kids classes are on every Saturday at 12 noon in Wick Assembly Rooms. The club is part of a nation wide organisation the United Kingdom Traditional Karate Federation.
Local club instructor is M.Tait (4th Dan). Contact Wick 605865 for more info.

KCI
29-Jan-07, 23:36
Karate Club kids classes are on every Saturday at 12 noon in Wick Assembly Rooms. The club is part of a nation wide organisation the United Kingdom Traditional Karate Federation.
Local club instructor is M.Tait (4th Dan). Contact Wick 605865 for more info.

Just wondering - do you know what age group these classes are for? My son isn't 6 until May, but I'm trying to find some activities for him as well!

evelyn
29-Jan-07, 23:45
Beginners karate classes are for age group 6 to 10 years.
Evelyn

KCI
29-Jan-07, 23:46
Beginners karate classes are for age group 6 to 10 years.
Evelyn

Thanks Evelyn - I'll wait until May, then give them a call! :)

Bradcon
30-Jan-07, 09:59
East End Boys Club run football coaching sessions on Saturday mornings in the Games Hall in Wick High School. All children must be currently attending P1 or above to join. Classes start at 9.30am on Sat morning for the Under 7's and runs til 10.30. The next class is 10.30 til 11.30 and this is for the Under 9's. Next is the 11.30 til 1.00pm and this is for the Under 11's age group.

If you require any further info please feel free to P.M me.

spanner
30-Jan-07, 16:09
does anyone have a thurso number for kuk sol and karake?

young
30-Jan-07, 19:17
does anyone have a thurso number for kuk sol and karake?

There is a choi kwon do martial arts class in Thurso on Tuesday nights From 7 oclock at the scout hall beside the footbridge leading over to springpark. Its for 5 years and over no need to phone just go down and see the man there that runs it.:D