PDA

View Full Version : morangie hotel, tain

emszxr
29-Jan-07, 12:42
my husband and myself went here on friday night for a meal. a treat to us as we never get out together with having two small kids.
we have been a few times before, but we will never be going again.
i was extremely dissapointed.
i had pate starter , the pate was lovely but i only got 2 tiny bits of toast with it, which was no where near enough.
main was sea bass which was 2 tiny strips of fish on top of a sauce with a tiny side plate of basic veg. this was £16 and certainly not worth the money.
pudding was inedible as they used a microwave to heat up a sticky toffee pudding and it was burn inside as heated it too much. i put that back, but didnt really get an apology.
we were the only people in the whole place, everyone else must have heard about the dissapointing meals but us til friday night.
a very dissapointing night

DarkAngel
29-Jan-07, 20:05
Sorry you had a nasty meal..Id have asked for my money back..You had paid good money for good food and it isnt what you got...Ive never been there so i cant comment!

emszxr
29-Jan-07, 20:20
i am going to write a letter. i didnt want to say anything on friday night as it was suppose to be a nice night out for hubby and me as nights out are very rare for us. so i didnt want to spoil it even more.
it it very expensive too. it used to be very good. 2 courese and you were stuffed, but i could have had a chipper after on friday night with the tiny 3 courses we were served.

bluewickers
03-Feb-07, 18:08
Went for a night out down in Tain last year and was going to book that hotel four a few of us glad i didnt now. Booked into the Royal in Tain, very nice. Didnt have a meal at night but had a breakfast, delicious. parking just behind the hotel. Room was comfortable and clean.

emszxr
13-Feb-07, 17:03
well, hubby wrote a letter saying we were very dissapointed in what used to be a very nice place to eat and we have a letter back saying that they are having a few changes including head chef and to make a booking anytime as their guests, which i hope means they will be paying. so hoping next time will be a big improvement on the last visit.