PDA

View Full Version : Films

chocolatechip
29-Jan-07, 00:02
Hey everyone there i'm new to the forum, so i'm a bit confused:confused here so please, please, be paitient with me. So then whats your fav film???? I really like the Titanic when it first came out. it was good but really sad in places:~(

Ojibwa
29-Jan-07, 18:28
I love Ledgends of the Fall, The Colour Purple, Beloved, . I recently saw Apocolypto at the movies and it was amazing.

jamieS
29-Jan-07, 19:06
My favourite films would be

1) Green Mile
2) Shawshank Redemption
3) Matrix

North Rhins
29-Jan-07, 19:24
I got a bit cheesed off with the Titanic films, the ending is always the same.
My favourite film is ‘The Quiet Man,’ With John Wayne. The worst film IMHO is ‘Braveheart,’ an Australian midget playing what should have been a giant of a Jock.

Angela
29-Jan-07, 19:34
My favourite films would be

1) Green Mile
2) Shawshank Redemption
3) Matrix

I did like Matrix -the first one - but I thought the second wasn't as good and the third was worse.
Going back in time....to the 80s, I liked Diva, Sea of Love...even further back The Graduate and, yes, deary me, Easy Rider :eek:

DarkAngel
29-Jan-07, 20:00
Welcome chocolatechip...:)

My 3 fav films of all time are

1- The Green Mile
2- Forest Gump
3- The shawshank redemption

Wizzbang
29-Jan-07, 21:26
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang .

Billy Boy
29-Jan-07, 21:31
pulp fiction :cool:

blondscot
29-Jan-07, 22:03
Hi Favourtie films have to be any of the old westerns especially with either john wayne or clint but really enjoyed schindlers list but there are plenty others but canna think of the titles

connieb19
29-Jan-07, 22:11
Trainspotting

sjj278
29-Jan-07, 22:19
my fave film of all time is COYOTE UGLY!! i just love all the music and its a feel good film that makes you wanna get up and dance (or move to America and visit a bar like that!!!)

sam
29-Jan-07, 22:25
Trainspotting & Pulp Fiction best ever films:D

caithness lad
29-Jan-07, 22:35
midnight express
rain man
and one flew over the cuckoos nest:cool:

Stumurf
29-Jan-07, 22:45
i have always loved...

Stand By Me... Amelie...

and Waking Life is definately in my top 5...

a bit varied but they all made an impression on me...

Films from last year that stood out for me were V for Vendetta, Incovienient Truth and Children Of Men... and the much loved Little Miss Sunshine.... :D

foxy-jnr
29-Jan-07, 23:30
My favourite films are
1 Seabiscuit
2 The horse whisperer
3 Bridget Jones's diary

Metalattakk
29-Jan-07, 23:51
1: Top Secret!

2: The Furry Honeypot Adventure

3: Big Jugs (A History Of Pottery-Making In The Cotswolds)

mccaugm
29-Jan-07, 23:53
:lol:
My favourite film is ‘The Quiet Man,’ With John Wayne. The worst film IMHO is ‘Braveheart,’ an Australian midget playing what should have been a giant of a Jock.

Agree re Braveheart...what a terrible film. I love "Trainspotting", "Billy Elliot" & "Gregorys Girl"..also like the "Bourne films..supremacy etc,,,

Mad1man
30-Jan-07, 00:43
Fav - Kind hearts & Coronets - love Alec Guiness
Also - Arsenic & Old Lace

Anything with the Marx Bros in it

Not modern but they remind me of being a little kid on wet winter Saturdays after our local flea pit cinema closed and BBC2.

henry20
30-Jan-07, 09:08
A Perfect World with Kevin Costner

gofor
30-Jan-07, 10:13
field of dreams
american flyers
arsenic and old lace

Lolabelle
30-Jan-07, 10:19

Sorry but Mel Gibson is actually from the US. He moved here in his teens and then went back. So as much as Australian love to claim him, I don't. Does the film give a true account of the country side and climate though, not the story????:confused

octane
30-Jan-07, 17:40
Its deffo gotta be

1- Saw 1, 2 & 3 Totally Awesome!!
2- The Goonies (hey you guy's) :Razz
3- Indiana Jones Trilogy

Kolskegg
30-Jan-07, 18:55
Dead Man
Fight Club
Jaws
Ravenous
Smilla's Sense of Snow

Cedric Farthsbottom III
30-Jan-07, 22:50
Favourite film of all time is Braveheart.Love the bit when Wallace is on his horse and says"They can take our lives but never take our Freedom"Then Rolf Harris comes into the scene playing the didgi...didgire....diddj...one o' they long wooden poles the aborigines used to play.Then goes up to Mel and finishes painting his face and Rolf turns to the audience and says"Do you know what it is yet?"

"Aye"shouts Big Purdy fae the top of his voice fae an Airdrie cinema,"Its Mad Max....but set a long time ago":lol: :lol:

johno
31-Jan-07, 00:22
the great escape loved the bike stunts

bullit loved the car stunts

footloose loved the music loved the dancing

american graffitti just liked the movie

national lampoon,s animal house very funny

Blazing Sporrans
31-Jan-07, 00:45
1. Shawshank Redemption

2. Field of Dreams

3. The Green Mile

Each one uplifts the human spirit (and can it be any coincidence that Steven King wrote Shawshank and Green Mile? Pure genius)

4. Harvey (James Stewart at his comedic best)

5. Twelve Angry Men

I know having five is greedy but it's a very close run thing and otherwise I'd be here all night choosing three!

obiron
31-Jan-07, 11:57
its so hard cos i like a few but here goes

1. star wars original trilogy like the new ones too though.

2. lord of the rings. especially return of the king.

3. la bamba - fantastic music and excellent film.

4. monsters inc. though i love any pixar.

percy toboggan
31-Jan-07, 20:45
I loved Braveheart and still do. The first hour is fantastic. I watched it again recently and it hasn't lost anything at all. Suspend belief for a couple of hours if you must. This is classic revenge, barnstorming battle scenes and fantastic cinematography.
Ireland looks great too !
other personal contenders....

Shawshank Redemption
Fargo
Twelve Angry Men
Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Jaws
Johnny Got His Gun
Saving Pvt.Ryan
Mrs.Miniver
Went the Day Well

Errogie
31-Jan-07, 21:50
Dr. Shivago - great music and Julie Christie at an impressionable age.
The first Jaws film - Again memorable music and collective jump from the whole cinema.
Borat - Still haven't stopped laughing

candyfloss
31-Jan-07, 23:00
A few of my favourites are....

Ice age 2
Johnny English
The green mile
City of angels :cool:

Glenys Hirst
31-Jan-07, 23:44
Here are some of my favourites..

Bridget Jones..both films
Shrek-1 and 2...(3 due out in June apparently)
Ghost
Dirty Dancing
Love Actually
Rain Man

North Rhins
01-Feb-07, 23:20
Sorry but Mel Gibson is actually from the US. He moved here in his teens and then went back. So as much as Australian love to claim him, I don't. Does the film give a true account of the country side and climate though, not the story????:confused
Please accept my humble apologies, I wouldn’t wish him on anyone. Technically the film was very good, as to the rest of it, as the saying goes, don’t let a good story get in the way of the truth.

Tom Cornwall
02-Feb-07, 01:16
'The Searchers'....with John Wayne...great scenery...good story and just good atmosphere...'Get off your hoss and drink your milk'

Penelope Pitstop
02-Feb-07, 18:39
The Green Mile and Bridget Jones Diary

rs 2k
02-Feb-07, 18:56
My favourite film which i recommend to everyone, it is really really funny is, "LITTLE MAN" absolutely hilarious :lol:

rockchick
02-Feb-07, 20:40
So many films...so little time...

1. Shawshank Redemption
2. Casablanca
2.a. Pulp Fiction (tied for second)
3. The Princess Bride
4. Gone with the Wind
5. Reservoir Dogs