PDA

View Full Version : You would have a hard time giving it away.

ducati
10-Jul-13, 09:59
Having recently heard via email that I am the beneficiary of a £1.6 million estate, it strikes me that if you genuinely wanted to give away a vast fortune on the internet, you couldn't because no one would believe you.
Or am I wrong?

tonkatojo
10-Jul-13, 10:27
Having recently heard via email that I am the beneficiary of a £1.6 million estate, it strikes me that if you genuinely wanted to give away a vast fortune on the internet, you couldn't because no one would believe you.
Or am I wrong?

I am with you on this one, The old saying "Beware Tory's bearing gifts" springs to mind. lol.

Kodiak
10-Jul-13, 10:36
I am with you on this one, The old saying "Beware Tory's bearing gifts" springs to mind. lol.

That is a load of "Greek" to me. :Razz

Big Gaz
10-Jul-13, 10:44
sort out a new email address, forward the message to it then reply to it from the new email address and ask a few details to check for names of relatives etc to see if it is genuine. There is always a teeny weeny chance that it may be genuine as i once watched the tv prog "Heir Hunters" where they were searching for relatives of dead people who had left estates behind without wills etc and as well as using mailing lists, voters rolls and GRO for info, they always sent an email to an email address they came across in their search. It may be someone who has passed away and has an email of yours in an address book and thats what they may be going on.......then again of course......

jacko
10-Jul-13, 11:35
I been left million s by Nigerian heiresses. Arab heirs, Spanish lottery s . just delete all that crap , all they will want is your bank acc no,s, i guess some folks will fall for it, all scams.

therealducati
10-Jul-13, 13:35
Having recently heard via email that I am the beneficiary of a £1.6 million estate

You've kept that quiet!

ducati
10-Jul-13, 14:38
I been left million s by Nigerian heiresses. Arab heirs, Spanish lottery s . just delete all that crap , all they will want is your bank acc no,s, i guess some folks will fall for it, all scams.

Well if I actually believed it, I would turn up at their offices in Paris at 4.00pm today, with my personal security guard.

tonkatojo
10-Jul-13, 19:16
That is a load of "Greek" to me. :Razz

Royal Mail shares for instance sound as good as ducatis windfall, the ordinary Royal Mail user will be screwed yet again as they were with gas electricity and all the other privatised utilities. Beware the NHS could be next and the lib dems have not the clout to stop them.

maggie
10-Jul-13, 19:48
Me too, ducati. Looks like all our money worries are over!!

Fofana Chambers.
Rue de ville 2583, Tero 05
Bassam 03, Abidjan,
Cote d'Ivoire.

Attn:

I am the Trustee and Executor of the Estate of late Mr. Thomas Payne. I once again try to notify you as my earlier message was returned undelivered. I wish to notify you that my late client - Mr. Thomas Payne, made you a beneficiary to his Fund and Estate. He left the sum of €4,800,000.00 and a house to you in the papers of the codicil of his last testament.

Being a widely traveled man, he must have been in contact with you in the past or simply you were recommended to him by one of his numerous friends abroad who wished you good. Late Thomas Payne, until his death was a member of the Institute of Electronic & Electrical Engineers.

He was a very dedicated Christian who loved to be involved in charitable projects. His great philanthropy earned him numerous awards during his life time. He died at the age of 80 years and his instructions in the papers are now ready for execution.

Please if i reach you this time around as i am hopeful, endeavor to get back to me as soon as possible to enable me conclude my job of facilitating the release of the benefits to you.

Kind Regards.
Ms. Matty Kimbaki.

ducati
10-Jul-13, 20:06
Royal Mail shares for instance sound as good as ducatis windfall, the ordinary Royal Mail user will be screwed yet again as they were with gas electricity and all the other privatised utilities. Beware the NHS could be next and the lib dems have not the clout to stop them.

Paranoia is alive and well. Watch as the Royal Mail flourishes unfetered by the lack of investment and public enterprise syndrome.

ducati
10-Jul-13, 20:07
Blimey maggie, I didn't realise there was competition. I'm on the next flight. :mad:

Fran
11-Jul-13, 01:10
I have had so many of these scam mails too!!!