PDA

View Full Version : Where to get a passport picture

Manuela
08-Jul-13, 14:50
Hi
Could anyone tell me where to get a picture of a baby for a passport? I was told at the post office to go to a photographer in Wick but I forgot the name :/
Thank you

Big Gaz
08-Jul-13, 15:31
I'm sure the photographer on shore lane does them. No idea about the one in Back Bridge street though

Kodiak
08-Jul-13, 16:50
Tesco or the Co-op and it is £5 for 5 Photo's

Alice in Blunderland
08-Jul-13, 18:18
Both the photographers in Wick take baby passport photographs. McDonalds in Shore Lane and The other McDonald Back Bridge Street. I would recommend having a baby's photograph taken at the photographers as they can be tricky to get a good photograph that will be accepted.

emmz
08-Jul-13, 18:39
I had my 2 year olds done in back bridge street and shes a wee poser so had a good few trys at it before he got one he thought was acceptable without her tounge out or a big cheesey smile he even said if it wasn't accepted he would do it again free £5 x

suzy
08-Jul-13, 18:47
yes I would go back to Macdonalds upstairs at the back bridge street club/dentist way, he was so patient, we did try the photo booths for a 23 year old 3 times an still didna get it right

Manuela
08-Jul-13, 19:12
Thanks a lot for the info, baby is actually only 2 months old so can't really take him to a photo booth.

jacko
08-Jul-13, 20:07
I'm sure the photographer on shore lane does them.

nope seem,s Ian in Shore Lane has shut up shop. thanks to digital cameras , home printers and the post office.

heathfieldgunn
08-Jul-13, 20:24
Sutherland chemist in Thurso can do passport photos and they can do babies too.

LMS
09-Jul-13, 06:14
nope seem,s Ian in Shore Lane has shut up shop. thanks to digital cameras , home printers and the post office.I was there just a few weeks ago for photos. Although there were alterations in progress to the window, there was a sign saying 'business as normal' or similar.

jacko
09-Jul-13, 09:40
I was there just a few weeks ago for photos. Although there were alterations in progress to the window, there was a sign saying 'business as normal' or similar.

i visit someone across the road from him regularly and iv e not yet seen the shop open. but if thats the case im sorry for posting that, and im glad he s still operating.

George Brims
09-Jul-13, 20:09
I had my 2 year olds done in back bridge street and shes a wee poser so had a good few trys at it before he got one he thought was acceptable without her tounge out or a big cheesey smile he even said if it wasn't accepted he would do it again free £5 x
I had forgotten the British rule about not smiling in your passport photo. When I got mine done for my Green Card here in the US the lady at the photo shop asked me if I was depressed! Big cheesy grins are out but a normal smile is fine.

emmz
09-Jul-13, 20:21
Nope u have to be utterly miserable with no make up and nothing in your hair with a grey screen behind u to make u look even more washed out and awful I look like a drug addict in mine :(

Mosser
09-Jul-13, 20:51
Definitely open, undergoing renovations but ready for business

Moira
09-Jul-13, 22:09
i visit someone across the road from him regularly and iv e not yet seen the shop open. but if thats the case im sorry for posting that, and im glad he s still operating.

So maybe you should have been sure about your facts before you posted........

Definitely open, undergoing renovations but ready for business

If you're meaning Macdonalds in Shore Lane, Wick, I'm glad. Thanks.

jacko
09-Jul-13, 22:13
So maybe you should have been sure about your facts before you posted........

If you're meaning Macdonalds in Shore Lane, Wick, I'm glad. Thanks.

did nt i already apoligise already.?????????????????

Moira
10-Jul-13, 00:08
did nt i already apoligise already.?????????????????

Yes you did, but that doesn't alter the fact that you'd declared a local business closed, when they were not. Goodness knows each and every local business need all the luck they can get nowadays.

Aside from all that, in reply to the OP, Manuela, there are two photographers in Wick who can meet you requirements. Macdonalds in Shore Lane & Macdonald in Back Bridge Street, both Wick. Good luck.

ducati
10-Jul-13, 00:29
Just get a picture of a random baby. They all look the same don't they? :eek:

Alrock
10-Jul-13, 01:05

Bit of an ageist statement, is that not?

jacko
10-Jul-13, 09:58
Yes you did, but that doesn't alter the fact that you'd declared a local business closed, when they were not. Goodness knows each and every local business need all the luck they can get nowadays.

Aside from all that, in reply to the OP, Manuela, there are two photographers in Wick who can meet you requirements. Macdonalds in Shore Lane & Macdonald in Back Bridge Street, both Wick. Good luck.

ok , dont beat me up up over it, guess im just not as perfect as you. ........:eek:

George Brims
10-Jul-13, 18:08
No. Half of them look like Churchill and the other half (ironically) look like Ghandi.