PDA

View Full Version : Scallywags Nursery

Karen
28-Jan-07, 00:47
Congratulations to all at Scallywags, a huge amount of fundraising and hard work by all our volunteers. What a fantastic new facility for the children of our community. Well done.:)

canuck
28-Jan-07, 01:04
I add my words of support to the staff at Scallywags and Crossroads School, the community supporters and of course the children.

Bill Fernie
28-Jan-07, 01:25
See the new Scallywags Nursery at Crossroads School, Dunnet here -
http://www.caithness.org/community/nurseriesplaygroups/scallywags/index.htm

I was out on Saturday 27 Jan 2007 wearing two hats the web site for photos and to see the new place as a councillor that the committee and the community in the area have been working for for so long. Well done to all concerned and looking at the list of fund raising a truly magnificent effort.

The Early Years Review that threatened local nursery provision due to low numbers has not as yet been settled and it is unlikely a full report will be seen for several months yet making it unlikely any recommendations can affect the current position for at least a year after the report comes out. I was very pleased to hear the Scallywags has good list of children already listed for next year. With 10 listed and the possibility of more due to new hosuing being built in the area the new nursery should have good future.

Alice in Blunderland
28-Jan-07, 13:31
Well done to everyone involved in the provision of this wonderful new nursery. Its great to see such a massive effort has paid off so well. :cool:

As Bill said there has been a lot of talk over nursery provision and yes the axe is still probably poised and the council will be back......after the elections of course , cant go looking at nursery closures or any kind of closures before we are all safely re-elected now can we.... too hot an issue. :eek: Scallywags had good numbers listed last time when the council came looking for an excuse to close so lets see what the report has to offer!

Moby
28-Jan-07, 14:34
Well done Scallywags and best of luck!

The Early Years Review that threatened local nursery provision due to low numbers has not as yet been settled and it is unlikely a full report will be seen for several months yet making it unlikely any recommendations can affect the current position for at least a year after the report comes out. I was very pleased to hear the Scallywags has good list of children already listed for next year. With 10 listed and the possibility of more due to new hosuing being built in the area the new nursery should have good future.

That didn't stop the council last year either when the decision was made to close 3 facilities which were full or nearing capacity. Any further un-minuted decision making "Early Years Review Seminars" planned for the near future Bill?

The Axeman cometh! ............erm, well he will once he's been re-elected!

Bill Fernie
28-Jan-07, 14:46
Moby can you be specific about the three facilties you mean. Can you name them in order that people can participate in the discussion.

Moby
28-Jan-07, 14:59
Certainly
2006 targets = Rainbow Rascals (Miller, Thurso), Lybster & Norlin (Wick North)
2005 targets = Thrumster, Keiss, Dunnet.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=7144