PDA

View Full Version : Sideshows!

hotrod4
27-Jan-07, 22:08
There is a film made by Darren Hercher on BBC2 tomorrow(sunday) about the hercher family that run the sideshows. Might be good thought id let you all know!.
Cheers

footie chick
27-Jan-07, 22:55
Thanks for that love the sideshows especially when it foc

johno
27-Jan-07, 23:07
There is a film made by Darren Hercher on BBC2 tomorrow(sunday) about the hercher family that run the sideshows. Might be good thought id let you all know!.
Cheers
cheers for that , i worked with charlie111 in the smelter in invergordon for a couple of years & got to know the family well . they were good people. charlie11 married a wick girl . sadly young charlie died at a very young age.

ploo251
28-Jan-07, 10:51
Do you know what time the film / documentary is on?

Wellies
28-Jan-07, 10:57
Is this the one that was filmed in 2005? Part of it was filmed on the Pentalina B and the Orkney Show if it was.

golach
28-Jan-07, 10:58
Do you know what time the film / documentary is on?
22:10 tonight

johno
28-Jan-07, 11:11
22:10 tonight
22.10 on bbc two
:D

brokencross
28-Jan-07, 11:14
Only BBC 2 in Scotland though, sorry to say.

hotrod4
28-Jan-07, 19:46
If you dont have BBC 2 Scotland then you can find it on SKY if you live in England, Sorry i cant remember the exact channel but its high up. Start at the Channels We "never watch" (cough cough) and work your way down. DO NOT stop and have a watch on the way down lol !!!!!!!!
Enjoy the prog or if you know someone with a digi tuner on their PC maybe they could record for you?

buggyracer
29-Jan-07, 00:40
thanks for posting this, i watched it and thought it was a good piece, quite sad all the same, but i enjoyed it.

mccaugm
29-Jan-07, 23:51
I know the family personally and learnt a lot more after watching it. I worked with the Granny many years ago in Invergordon. I felt heart sorry for the Darrens dad when he brought him to see the "Downhill Racer" after so many years.

Fran
30-Jan-07, 02:37
I would like to have seen it and so dissapointed I missed it. If I had known i would have taped it.

las123
30-Jan-07, 21:24
i thought it was a really good programme, not what i was expecting, i felt for the granny working nearly 24 hours. i hope he can sort things out with his dad, i felt for him when he kept saying sorry dad when he took him to the downhill racer. just shows how hard it can be

DarkAngel
30-Jan-07, 21:27
I seen it aswell i fairly enjoyed it aswell..Wasnt what i was expecting it to be either.

Fran maybe someone taped in here on the Org..? ;)

johno
30-Jan-07, 22:15
I would like to have seen it and so dissapointed I missed it. If I had known i would have taped it.
fran i think my mate taped it i will try to borrow it for you.
ps see your fame may do you some good after all?. :lol: